Need to insert "New Products list" into smart theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to insert "New Products list" into smart theme

I have found details somewhere on either basic or advanced guide but cannot now find it and getting very confused working in design tree

I am trying to put the "New Product" list below the Cart Details on the right hand segment using smart theme with small pictures and description

Whatever I try to do puts the list above the cart details which is not what i want

Can anyone give me a step by step instruction
    Chris Ashdown

Ok figured out how to place the new product list in the right position and below the cart value

But still stuck on how to include the small picture in thenew product list when it is in a side bar
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris

Go into "Design" tab, then click on the "New Product" box. Here you will see in the layout "Layout - Sidebar New Product List in Box" , and in the code you will see "Standard New Products Item". Double click on that, and the layout code will open to "Layout Code - Standard New Products Item.". Here you will see "ProductImageLayout" commented out, you can simply uncomment it and this will show images. However if you want smaller images, then the only thing you could do, is instead of using "ProductImageLayout", you may want to create your own layout with smaller images.

Hope that helps
      Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem

Sorry I thought this post was dead so started another but here goes

Have "New Products" list as I want it on the right hand sidebar, but it is also on the left sidebar.

If I comment out the left sidebar it also does the same to the right hand one, so they are linked somehow

Not to sure of how i achieved this setup but enclose snapshots of both tree and site options

At present in test mode at

http://www.internet-workwear.co.uk/a...est/index.html

If I want to transfer this setup to my other sites, how do I do it, as I assume it is now a theme in its own right or do I have to try and copy the setup files and duplicate it?

Boy is my head starting to ache, need some malt i think
        Attached Files
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and expand the 'Page Areas' group.

Double-click on the layout called 'Smart Left Sidebar' and comment out the new products list from there.

Comment

Great one chris, I think you should put this one in the advance guide as I sure many people will wantto place the new products on the right hand sidebar and will have the same problem in that it duplicates to the left as well

Oh so so so much to learn at my age
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
            X