VAT Error/anomaly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT Error/anomaly

I know that you folk will know the answer to this one.

I have a product whose Gross price is £2.99.

However, if I give it a net price of £2.54 I get £2.98 and if I give it £2.55 I get £3.00.

How does one get around this? (apart from telling the marketing dept to change the price!)

Thanks

Mike Howles
    Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
    www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid this is because currently Actinic does not support 3 decimal points, so that why you cannot get a gross price of "2.99". What you would need to do for that product would be, to go to the "Details" tab, and for "Tax Rate", simply set it to "Custom", and put in the value of Tax amount to charge on to the product. This is only the workaround currently

Kind Regards

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nedeem

Thanks for that. I've been looking through the Knowledge base as well and found:

http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...Setup_362.html

This does give an idea of how it can be sorted for particular products. Something I'll need to meddle with.

Of course, this will all change when we have our next product price review ;-)

Incidentally, are there any plans to allow the 3 or 4 decimal place price in the future, it would solve a lot of problems. I only say this as generally prices are calculated correctly, there are just a few known odd ones (we have exactly the same problem with TAS Books). So, for the most part people will only ever enter the normal 2 decimal number but would have the option to enter a 3 or 4 decimal place number.......just a thought. But then I guess it could be that the developers will be tearing their hair out at the thought!! :-)

Mike
      Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
      www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Comment

Hi Mike

Incidentally, are there any plans to allow the 3 or 4 decimal place price in the future, it would solve a lot of problems.
        Currently its posted as a wishlist, but we are looking/investigating this to be put in for a future release of Actinic.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X