newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie question

I have just obtained actinic for 30 day trial and fallen at the first fence. I wish to use it with dreamweaver. The help says to do this i create the page in Dreamweaver and then register it with Actinic.

The question is: what is the registering process? How do i register it?

thanx for your time

Cass27

when you installed actinic the final process was in install the DW extension.

this thread may help

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...aver+extension

Comment

From reading the linked threads I get the impression that you can't load actinic pages and edit them like you could do in v7.....messing about with the templates as such

Am I right in thinking that?
      www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Bun
        From reading the linked threads I get the impression that you can't load actinic pages and edit them like you could do in v7.....messing about with the templates as such

Sorry, I meant into Dreamweaver

Comment

Hi Bun - you are right in thinking that.

The HTML for Actinic is no longer in HTML templates - it's now kept within the database.

However, what we found was that the vast amount of customisation was done in the Primary template so what we did with v8 is we created a way to create a competely custom design in Dreamweaver and then use this design as the primary layout in Actinic.

Instructions for installing and using this guide are in the Getting Started Guide that comes with Actinic (Help | Starter Guide)

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
            Hi Bun - you are right in thinking that.

The HTML for Actinic is no longer in HTML templates - it's now kept within the database.

However, what we found was that the vast amount of customisation was done in the Primary template so what we did with v8 is we created a way to create a competely custom design in Dreamweaver and then use this design as the primary layout in Actinic.

Instructions for installing and using this guide are in the Getting Started Guide that comes with Actinic (Help | Starter Guide)
            So there's no way that I could load my main index page up into Dreamweaver and tinkle with the layout? Yikes!! does this mean I've got to get my head around the jumbled mess that appears at the bottom of the 'Design' window?

Would it be possible to import the primary template I'm using now give it a different name and then use the design as the primary layout in Actinic......or is this idea barking

Comment

Would it be possible to import the primary template I'm using now give it a different name and then use the design as the primary layout in Actinic......or is this idea barking
              Templates no longer exsist - thus you can not do this

Comment

Working...
              X