Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Product List Placement Problem

I am trying to get the "New Product" List to show only on the right sidebar

It would appear that if I put it on the right side it also automatically places it on the left side as well, and if i then go into design and delete the left side it also deletes the right hand side as well.

See
    http://www.internet-workwear.co.uk/a...est/index.html

Any help gratefully received

New point

Is it possible to show the main section listings in two colours so that the sections are shown say in black and the sub sections in another colour. Using the smart theme
    Chris Ashdown

Not a 100% answer and solution, but think you need to create a copy of the current new product list and adjust for just its intended role and then place that into the design where you want it to show, as opposed to it being used in many places for multiple uses (I think)..

Still getting to grips with the list abilities, but if you checkout the help on product lists, then this might shed more light on it for you.

Comment

I am happy as it is for the location on each page on the right hand sidebar, but just need to be able to remove the duplicate from the left sidebar

Have included jpg's of the design tree if that helps
      Attached Files
      Last edited by chris ashdown; 10-Oct-2006, 10:12 AM. Reason: Add jpgs
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Go into Design view and click on the New products panel on the left hand side and ensure the code view is on display.

Then, click the yellow swirly thing (does it have a name LOL) with the UP arrow until you see the Layout Code name change to Smart Left Sidebar, which should contain the entry:

<actinic:variable value="Sidebar New Products List In A Box" name="NewProductListSidebar" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NewProductsListInSidebar%22%20%2f%3e" />

That is what is positioning it in the left hand column I think, but how you have added it to the right column might affect how this all works based on whether you are using the

<actinic:variable name="SideBar" value="Smart Left Sidebar" />

In the right column you created.... All these things are sort of nested within eachother... i.e.

<actinic:variable name="SideBar" value="Smart Left Sidebar" />

holds...

<actinic:variable name="CustomSidebarBox" value="JavaScript Section List in a Box" /><br />
        <actinic:variable name="CustomSidebarBox" value="Left Custom Sidebar Box" /><br />
        <actinic:variable value="Sidebar Best Sellers List In A Box" name="BestSellerListSidebar" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22BestSellersListInSidebar%22%20%2f%3e" />
        <actinic:variable value="Sidebar New Products List In A Box" name="NewProductListSidebar" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NewProductsListInSidebar%22%20%2f%3e" />

Which then holds each list and items etc.

Comment

Verry Verry Verry

Can you make the answer a bit clearer please as I am totaly lost but do apreciate your efforts
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
            Go into Design view and click on the New products panel on the left hand side and ensure the code view is on display.

Then, click the yellow swirly thing (does it have a name LOL) with the UP arrow until you see the Layout Code name change to Smart Left Sidebar, which should contain the entry:

Try that bit above, as that is what is placing the new products in to the left side bar...

If you remove or comment that bit of code when you find it, and it takes it out of the right side as well, it means you have used the code from the left bar in the right bar, so is more difficult to extract from the higher list it is placed with...

Try that to start with though to see what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X