Program locks up

Here is my setup:
    Windows XP SP2
    Intel Dual Core 2.9 Ghz
    4GB RAM
    512MB video
    Dual monitors

My problem:
    While uploading changes to the site, if I remove focus from the program and do other things while waiting and come back once its done, Actinic v.8 locks up. I force a shutdown and restart. If I do nothing while its uploading (what a pain) then its ok until I go to another program. Then it locks up. It doesn't lock up until an update is performed.

I did import a product list that has probably over 2,000 items in it, if that makes a difference. I didn't start editing the look of the site until after I imported the items so I can't say how it performed before hand.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Only thing that springs to mind is to do a housekeeping | purge content (which will get rid of all items marked for deletion - red cross) and then do a Housekeeping | Compact Databases and compress those down and then retry.

I am always leaving Actinic to upload in the background whilst I get on with other things in other applications, which is conducted on a quad monitor based system, and also previously under a dual monitor system and never had this issue of it always locking when out of focus or hidden from view, although as all will have experienced, it has locked up for many other reasons.

Comment

Hi Vince

While uploading changes to the site, if I remove focus from the program and do other things while waiting and come back once its done, Actinic v.8 locks up. I force a shutdown and restart. If I do nothing while its uploading (what a pain) then its ok until I go to another program. Then it locks up. It doesn't lock up until an update is performed.
      Mmm with my version, You will get a white screen, but it hasn't locked up, The dialog box simply hasn't refreshed when you are put it back onto focus. It is still uploading. Please could you double check this on your version.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

The issue was occuring after clicking the 'ok' button. But I may have gotten ahead of myself as I haven't had the problem since the original post. I guess the simple 'reboot' was what I needed.

Thank you for the replies.

Comment

Working...
        X