Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overly Long Section List

Hi,
    I am using the new V8 but my problem existed with V7 also. I am using the Smart theme and I have a very long 'store sections' list down the left hand side. It is made longer by the fact that all of the sub sections are listed under each section heading. Is it possible to remove the sub section headings from this list. Please bear in mind that I very limited web building skills so please treat me gently! Any suggestions greatfully received

Originally posted by Novicebuild
    Hi,
    I am using the new V8 but my problem existed with V7 also. I am using the Smart theme and I have a very long 'store sections' list down the left hand side. It is made longer by the fact that all of the sub sections are listed under each section heading. Is it possible to remove the sub section headings from this list. Please bear in mind that I very limited web building skills so please treat me gently! Any suggestions greatfully received
    I have been successful in acheiving this in left column on product pages but seem to be unable to do this on the home page. www.petvetcare.co.uk.

Comment

OK - go to the 'Design' tab in Actinic and click on the section list in the preview screen. Now look in the 'Layout Code' panel at the bottom. Check the title bar of the panel - it should say 'Layout Code - Javascript Section List In A Box'.

Within the layout code, find these three lines:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
      document.write(YahooSections(section_tree))
      </script>

Replace all three lines with...

<actinic:variable name="TopLevelSectionList" />

That should do it.

Comment

Perfect!! Many thanks

Comment

Working...
        X