Anyone else like to see this added?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else like to see this added?

With V8 now having the functionality for a client to change the text type, size, weight, color etc. in a very easy and normal fashion. Does anyone else think that adding the ability to do bullet points would also be very good?

This added feature to V8 is excellent, i showed a guy today whose site i have upgraded to v8 this week and he really loved this feature. Actinic were spot on with this, however they missed out including bullet points. I think this would be a great addition, if anyone agrees then say so in this post and maybe we can get this included shortly, rather than just added to a wishlist.

My other items i would like to see sorted out asap are:

The vat rounding off problem - i have been reading about this problem for quite some time in this forum, it really is time they listened.

My only other gripe would be to get the chuffing sitemap sorted out, it really is pants and not a patch on the v7 version. Come on Actinic, progression or digression?

Hi

I agree bullet points would be a good addition. You say font size colour etc can be changed - however this is only possible to do this by currently right clicking the text in the code that you want to change and then select Edit Appearance. I feel an improvement on this would be to have shortcut icons for Editing Appearance (for increasing font adding colour, changing font face same as MS Word does or Front Page etc) in the shortcuts bar where the print icon is.

Comment

Does anyone else think that adding the ability to do bullet points would also be very good?
      there is a css class in actinicstyle sheet for <ul> and <li> why not wrap these around the text in question.

or define your own style for bullets

Comment

Originally posted by matth76
        Hi

I agree bullet points would be a good addition. You say font size colour etc can be changed - however this is only possible to do this by currently right clicking the text in the code that you want to change and then select Edit Appearance. I feel an improvement on this would be to have shortcut icons for Editing Appearance (for increasing font adding colour, changing font face same as MS Word does or Front Page etc) in the shortcuts bar where the print icon is.
        I'm talking from the clients perspectve. If they wanted anything different from the norm in the product details, they needed to embed the code which is complicated for them. Now they just click on the buttons to do it, apart from bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
          there is a css class in actinicstyle sheet for <ul> and <li> why not wrap these around the text in question.

or define your own style for bullets
          I'm talking from a clients perspective Jo, the fact they can now format text without having to embed anything, just by clicking buttons. Would like to see bullets added for them too.

Comment

ok I was talking "Designer" speak

Comment

A trivial bit of PHP that processes the Product Description and replaces a designated character the "¬" one with a bullet would do it. In your Product Layout's replace
              Code:
              <actinic:variable name="ProductDescription" />
              with
              Code:
              <actinic:block php="true">
              $desc = '<actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="ProductDescription" selectable="false" />';
              $old = '¬';
              $new = '&#38;#149;';
              $exp = '/' . $old . '/';
              $desc = preg_replace($exp, $new, $desc);
              echo $desc;
              </actinic:block>
              Change the lines
              $old = '¬';
              $new = '&#38;#149;';
              as required
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The above works but any line breaks inserted into the description are being lost. Can anyone from Actinic comment on why

<actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="ProductDescription" selectable="false" />

is removing the <br /> bits.
                Last edited by NormanRouxel; 18-Oct-2006, 05:21 PM. Reason: Changed above post to use encoding="actinic" as this seems to work better.

Comment

> The vat rounding off problem - i have been reading about this problem for quite some time in this forum, it really is time they listened.

We have listened, and we've publicly committed to change it. It will arrive by v9 or earlier. Not sure exactly when as we are still working on the spec, trying to get it down to a managable size.

Chris

Comment

Great!

While you are here, is there anywhere that i can keep in touch with when 8.03 will be in full release. I have a new V8.02 site ready, but do want to replace existing site until the 8.03 upgrade is incorporated.

Comment

Norman,

Just in case you haven't already found out (unlikely) I managed to get this to work by changing the encoding to 'Leave as is', sample below:-

Code:
                      <actinic:block php="true">
                      $desc = '<actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="ProductDescription" selectable="false" />';
                      $old = '¬';
                      $new = '•';
                      $exp = '/' . $old . '/';
                      $desc = preg_replace($exp, $new, $desc);
                      echo $desc;
                      </actinic:block>
                      Regards

David
                      Cheers

David
                      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

I think VBulletin has munged your post. You have to jump through hoops to show HTML entities inline. Something like

& # 3 8 ; #149; (typed without the spaces)

will do it e.g.

&#38;#149;

Comment

Yes it has, and if I knew how to change it I would!!!

Anyway, anyone reading just follow Normans code but replace encoding="perl" to encoding="actinic"

David
                          Cheers

David
                          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

I've amended my post (#7 above) so it works as per Dave's suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                            X