Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Script Error After Update

Hi,

Quite often after updating the web-site, when trying to order I get the message:

"A General Script Error Occurred
    Error: The specified product (reference 3753) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The first few sections of products work OK but once I get futher down the sections, I cant order anything.

Normally I can fix this by doing a website purge and refresh (in troubleshooting), then by importing and replacing the catalog, then updating it, (from our seperate stock control software - Khaos - which has been set up to be actinic compatible), then finally uploading, but this is quite a lengthy process.

Does anyone know what might be causing the problem, or of an easier way to fix it. Someone told me that the problem might be to do with the number of products (over 4000) and that actinic sometimes struggles with large numbers of line items. is this true?

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
    Aileen.
    www.reelsndeals.com

Aileen

You certainly should do a 'Website Purge and Refresh' - even if you don't carry out the re-import from your stock control system. This is really the only way to fix errors of this nature.

Comment

Working...
    X