Anyone know how you change the page title to read:

<Name of Business>: <Category>: <Subcategory>
    (...)

NOT the default of:

<Name of Business> <Category>
    OR
    <Name of Business> <Subcategory>

etc?

i.e. add a colon between the items and have it so that it displays the full content tree (like breadcrumb links)

Thanks for any help.

Maff

Not sure i'm grasping exactly here, but you can write whatever you want as the page title, if you click on the section and then page settings, you can set the title to how you would like it.

Do you want this done automaically? is that what you are asking for? If so, you could end up with page titles un search engine friendly and far too long.

If you do want that, i would say it is a case of some programming and replacing the current Actinic variable fr page title, with a variable you have created. In essence unless you have 100's of sections, by the time you have got all that sorted and tested, you could have done it manually.

Comment

Fair dos... not too bothered about the breadcrumb titles but wanted to change the order of the title really... just foun this from Chris Dicken:

Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Section%27"><actinic:variable name="SectionName" />, <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%27Section%27" ><actinic:variable name="PageType" />, <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
      Which reverses the order of the title: i.e.: category, business name. Means you can alter it easier too.

Comment

Maff, did you ever work out how to get the page title to include both the category and sub-category as per the breadcrumb trail?
        Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Comment

Something like
          Code:
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Section%27">
          <actinic:block type="ParentSectionList"><actinic:variable name="SectionName" /> | </actinic:block>
          </actinic:block>
          should do it
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

or this

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ighlight=title

Comment

Thanks very much to both of you.
              Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Comment

Working...