Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login process, Cookies & Perl!?

Hi,

Could someone please explain how actinic uses perl script to log customers in and out? I am trying to integrate my site with vbulletin and need to understand how it all works.

Is there a cookie that gets created so that once the login process has been completed, I could just reference the cookie in java rather than use scripts for links etc? Failing that, is there another way of testing logged in/out status other than with a script?

Paul.

When a customer is logged in, all the links within Actinic are changed to go via the bb000001.pl script - this is the script that checks the customer's status, and changes all the prices/products according to requirements. This is why if you hard-code a full link to an *.html file in Actinic, customers appear to get logged out.

It is the linking via the perl scripts that keeps customers logged in. I hope this helps in your custom development.

Comment

Hi,

Is there any way to change this to a cookie or has anyone done that? I don't use any of the features of price changes etc and only want people to log in for address details when checking out.

What happens when the customer uses html pages outside of actinic (still on the same site)? I assume actinic doesnt scan through all the links on that page, or does it?

Thanks,
      Paul.

Comment

What happens when the customer uses html pages outside of actinic (still on the same site)? I assume actinic doesnt scan through all the links on that page, or does it?
        If the page is within the 'acatalog' folder, try linking to the page with link of the format:

http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl?...ID=page%2ehtml

That will display the page and parse it. The images within it might not appear unless they are in the 'acatalog' folder as well though.

Comment

Working...
        X