Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designing in V8 & Importing V7 snapshot

Hi,

Having just recieved Catalog V8 I am playing around with the different design layouts as I'd like to give our web page a bit of a face lift

We are currently running V7 (live) and I want to design the new layout in V8 but start from scratch, I don't want to import the snapshot from V7 just yet as the web site is currently maintained (products added and removed) on a weekly basis - I don't want to have to maintain two versions of the site until V8 is ready to go live.

So is there a way to design a new layout in V8 with just a few of my products and save the design so that when I import the V7 snapshot I can apply the new design to the exisiting site build?

Apologies if this is a question that has been covered elsewhere - I did search but could find no obvious answers.

thanks

Anna Hamilton
    Anna@forbidden-planet.co.uk

Forbidden Planet International Comics
    http://www.forbidden-planet.co.uk
    sales@forbidden-planet.co.uk

Check out the latest post by Chris http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24464

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks for the link - that's 'almost' what I'm looking for but I really need to be able to import content as well as orders when I've finished designing my site in V8 - what I need is a way to save the design settings and templates to re-apply to the imported snapshot.

Anna

Comment

there is an option in v8 to create a design snapshot only. Thus you would save your design in this manner.

Then upgrade from 7 to 8 to get content and orders. Then apply your design snapshot.

Comment

that sounds like exactly what I need, thanks - just had a quick look at V8 but I can't see a way to just export the design - is it under the design tab somewhere?

Comment

is it under the design tab somewhere?
            It's under 'Design | Deploy Partial Site Design'. You get a wizard that will export all the design elements, but no content elements.

Comment

fantastic - thanks Jo and Chris - now to get cracking

Anna

Comment

wave to Anna at 'the other' comic shop

Martin (megacitycomics)

Comment

Working...
                X