Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else dealt with multiple colors and sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else dealt with multiple colors and sizes?

Items I'm dealing with have different sizes and different colors. Each size does not have the same colors available, and a different sizes have different costs. But its not always this way, some products are normal where you can expect the same sizes available in the color groups.

I'm thinking about naming the attribute the color and having the sizes as the choices. What I'd really like to do is create a dynamic javascript SELECT field so when a color is selected the available sizes are made available in a second SELECT field. I'm just not sure how to get those entries into a javascript array...

Here's the kicker: There are too many items to do by hand so I'm going forward with a hierarichal file import. I'm not sure if I can do the normal permutations and still pull the data for javascript to make the arrays.

Any advice or help would be appreciated very much.

Not really sure about this one. I know that in v8 you can have mutiple choice lists as part of the same product layout, and maybe have one choice list for the drop-down list and then have another choice list that simply populates a Javascipt array. I have no idea how to write the functionality you require though.

Comment

Working...
    X