Tax on Component Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax on Component Prices

We have a few heavy items that will attract a different shipping rate depending on where in the U.K. we're sending it.

I have set up a component that lists the carriage charges as follows:

UK Mainland +£30
    UK Islands +£40
    Northern Ireland +£50.

How can I get these component prices to show the VAT inclusive prices. I.E.

UK Mainland +£35 (including VAT)
    UK Islands +£47 (including VAT)
    Northern Ireland +£58.75 (including VAT)

Richard

Good question, Richard. I've tried all ways to get the component to include VAT but to no avail.

Maybe Chris D will enlighten us on Monday!!

VAT is added when it arrives in the cart area.

David
    -----------------------------
    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

It is still possible to have the prices VAT inclusive if you type the prices into the component values i.e. Product a £12.99 etc as it used to be in V7 etc. But this defeats the object, really.

David

Comment

Thanks David,

But I don't think that VAT breakdown for the component price would show correctly on the VAT invoice.

Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

It breaks the VAT and price down OK on the invoice, but the point is the new component is meant to save time etc!

David

Comment

Actinic Support came up with an answer, so I've posted it below in case anyone else needs to know.

You wish to change the pricing within components (e.g. carriage charge)
            to show Tax Inclusive pricing. Please follow the simple steps below to make
            this possible. I have tested this on your snapshot and it worked:

a) in the 'Design' tab, click in a drop down list that has a price in. Look
            at the layout code at the bottom of the tab. You should be in a layout
            called 'Drop Down Permutation List'.

b) Double-click on the pink 'Drop Down Permutation Entry' layout selector.

c) In the new layout, double-click on the pink 'PermutationPrice' layout
            selector.

d) Replace the entire contents of that layout with the following:

Code:

<actinic:block
            if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%
            20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
            (+<actinic:block PHP='true'
            SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(round(<actinic:variable
            name="PermutationPriceRaw" /> * 1.175, <actinic:variable
            name="CurrencyDigits" />), <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />,
            '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable
            name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency"
            />');</actinic:block>)
            </actinic:block>
            <actinic:block
            if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%
            20%2f%3e" />
            (+<actinic:block PHP='true'
            SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(round(<actinic:variable
            name="AssociatedProduct::ProductPriceRaw" /> * 1.175, <actinic:variable
            name="CurrencyDigits" />), <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />,
            '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable
            name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency"
            />');</actinic:block>)
            </actinic:block> This will include the VAT-inclusive price in the drop-down
            list.

Comment

Working...
            X