Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m now starting to lose my sense of humour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m now starting to lose my sense of humour.

It shouldn’t take a week to install any off the shelf product, I must have spent over 50 hours trying to get V8 to install and upload and I don’t seam to be alone in this.

I have now gone right back to the start and: -
    Un-installed Perl from the server
    Removed the physical directories off the server
    Removed the virtual directories off of the IIS
    Deleted the website from IIS
    Removed Actinic 8 from the client

I’m now in the process of re-installing each of the components

The only advice I got for my developer subscription from the support desk was don’t use the advanced user guide use the download called ‘Setup of IISv4’, real value for money that was, they know I'm running IISv6.

The advanced user guide indicates that the default FTP site should use a ‘Unix Listing’ style the IISv4 guide indicates that you should use a ‘MS-DOS’ style.

I presume it should be the later but could someone please confirm?

Regards
    William

I'm part way through installation of the Win Server 2003 software - should be able to help once I catch up with you. We can learn together.

Chris Ahsdown is the man here with several windows installations to his credit, but they may be on maintained hardware.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Eureka

Success at last.

Unfortunately because I took the drastic action of removing absolutely everything Actinic touched and then painstakingly reinstalling it all bit by bit (not a recommendation!) I can’t be sure of where the problem was hiding.

I believe that by reinstalling the Actinic application locally and then deleting both the physical and virtual site from the server before finally re-establishing a new physical and virtual site I guaranteed that the two ends of the transfer started from the correct place.

There are many posts that allude to ensuring that both ends are in step

I believe that by uninstalling Norton rather than just turning it off I was able to guarantee that the file transfer took place unhindered.

Again there are many posts that refer to Norton.

Once Perl has been installed on the server the perl web extension must be allowed on the IIS server the default on v6 would appear to prohibit it.

Finally when trying to map the .pl extension to the dll do not type GET, HEAD and POST word for word out of the Advanced User Guide (D-oh!) the three verbs separated by a comma and no spaces is all that is needed. How silly do I feel?

Once again many thanks to Jo & Bill for their help and support.

Kind Regards
      William

Comment

William,

While the process is still fresh in your mind - would you like to jot down, step by step instructions and email them to me? I will check/refine those instructions and offer them up to Actinic as an update to the KnowledgeBase.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

IIS v6 Configuration

Bill

More than happy to put something back to the community.

I have rough notes at the moment I will return a draft paper to you by Wednesday @19:00.

Kind Regards
          William

Comment

Working...
          X