v8 crashing on Refresh site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8 crashing on Refresh site

We have just received Business v8, and upgraded from our Business v7. However, when attempting to do a Refresh site for the first time, Actinic crashes (producing the 'Do you want to send this to Microsoft' dialog) just at the point between 'Checking Catalog' and 'Checking Search indices'.

When checking the code errors, 1 is reported in 'Search Page Bulk Area' which says Nested HTML form tags. This is within some Actinic code though and not something we changed. I have no idea how to fix this. We were getting an INNERLAYOUT error in terms and conditions, but reverting that section to factory settings solved that. I tried the same with the Search sections in the Design > Library but no joy.

We have compacted the database, but this made no difference.

Any help or suggestions would be really great.
    Cheers,

Stuart Nicoll
    Tacklebargains.co.uk

Located: Cheshire, UK

I tried the same with the Search sections in the Design > Library but no joy.
    Which layouts did you revert, it may be a good diea to revert all the search layouts.

For all my V8 upgrades, I've resorted to reverting every layout to factory default, as I have decided it to be better to work from v8 default layouts and reapply any changes (Sledgehammer and nuts come to mind) or mindless repiition versus code debugging

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I reverted every layout which began Search...

So i presume that i got all the search layouts. Don't see why that should make it crash the application though! What is it doing as it goes from 'Checking Catalog' to 'Checking Search indices'?

Cheers.
      Tacklebargains.co.uk

Located: Cheshire, UK

Comment

What is it doing as it goes from 'Checking Catalog' to 'Checking Search indices'?
        The 'Checking Catalog' stage is when Actinic is generating all the HTML pages for the site. The 'Checking Search Indices' is when Actinic is generating the fulltext.fil file that contains all the search words for the site.

If that's where the software is crashing, you can test this by turning off all the search option in 'Settings | Search Settings'.

The one good thing to try here is a 'Housekeeping | Compact databases', which helps when Actinic is tripping up over itself and not running very efficiently.

Comment

Working...
        X