Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add field to customer account

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Actinic V8 with a view to using the Designer/Client combination, and I have a couple of questions.

1. I need clients to be able to register for an account if they wish, but the only information I can find is that on page 73 of the Advanced User Guide which involves creating a product that simulates the registration process. Is that really the only way to do it? I'd looked at some of the sites listed on the Actinic site as current users, and I'd seen this on the Adams site which is the kind of thing I want to do https://adams.co.uk/shop/create_account.html. Are there directions for how to do this?

2. I also need to add a field for the customer to enter their VAT number. If this is a non account sale it needs to go in during the checkout process, or if the customer wants to create an account it needs to be saved along with the rest of their details.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any ideas.

Many thanks

Barry

"Adams site" - does not look like an Actinic site to me, may be wrong!

Comment

Shame

Hmm, maybe Actinic need to update their links. Shame, it's by far the nicest looking site listed!

Comment

This isn't an Actinic site I'm afraid. The 'create account' functionality in Actinic really is limited to what is described in the Advanced User Guide.
        2. I also need to add a field for the customer to enter their VAT number. If this is a non account sale it needs to go in during the checkout process, or if the customer wants to create an account it needs to be saved along with the rest of their details.
        This field is available within the 'Addresses' tab of a customer account in Actinic. To ask the customer for their number, you could always ask it as the 'Other Info' prompt question for your 'Create Account' product in Actinic.

Comment

Thanks for the response Chris.

Comment

Working...
          X