VAT - Showing Inclusive or Exclusive on products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT - Showing Inclusive or Exclusive on products

I deal with customers from all over the world so my products show prices in different currencies. The problem is that my prices are showing VAT on $ sales.

Ideally my products would show £ including VAT, Euro including vat, and $ excluding VAT. Is there any way this is possible?

Or

Show all prices excluding VAT then at the checkout add VAT for UK & EU but not US and rest of the world.

Can anyone help Please
    Leigh Robinson

Hand forged, hand folded custom swords
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk

On p26 of teh Advanced User Guide is a section called 'Displaying Store Prices In Three Currencies' which shows how to show prices in a third currency (e.g. euros). What I suggest is that you use this feature, together with the standard dual currency display feature in Business Settings. Use 'Business Settings | Options' for your Euro prices, which will also include tax, and then use the Advanced User Guide technique for your dollar prices - and factor in removing the VAT into your exchange rate calculations.

Comment

VAT on Foreign Currencies

Just a point for Actinic really to bear in mind....

It is perfectly Legal and feasible to charge UK VAT on any currency BUT the amount of VAT in Sterling must be printed on the invoice as well (some countries allow the amount or the official rate of exchange to be printed). As far as I know Actinic does not print the GBP equivalent of VAT on the invoice, so may need a mod.

The reason for this is that your Customer could reclaim this amount from the UK Treasury and it herefore must correspond to what you pay to the UK Treasury as output tax, else the Treasury will be making a profit/loss on the transaction which is not permitted.

All EU countries work on the same principal.
      Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
        On p26 of teh Advanced User Guide is a section called 'Displaying Store Prices In Three Currencies' which shows how to show prices in a third currency (e.g. euros). What I suggest is that you use this feature, together with the standard dual currency display feature in Business Settings. Use 'Business Settings | Options' for your Euro prices, which will also include tax, and then use the Advanced User Guide technique for your dollar prices - and factor in removing the VAT into your exchange rate calculations.
        Hey

I have added the code on p26 of the Advanced User Guide so that I can show prices in £, $ & €, € the one i added 'manually'. When viewing your cart/checkout it is only displaying the 2, £ and $. Is it possible to edit the cart/checkout so it shows all 3?

Many thanks
        Alex
        TandaStamps

Comment

Hi Alex

This was answered by Norman at http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=25644

Comment

Working...
          X