Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long can Page Name be?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a maximum accepted or sensible limit for the length of the page names?

For example, I currently have one called dog_beds.html but would this be acceptable dog_beds_cushions_rugs_blankets.html

If yes, how long could you keep going with that? How long could it be?

I ask this question bearing in mind both Actinic continuing to work smoothly but also with Google in mind... a length that doesn't upset Google or even past a certain length will Google simply ignore the rest of the string?

Thanks,

Jenny

Google does not state a certain length, they simply say "of reasonable length" as they are aware of the ways of using it to increase rankings.

Comment

Thanks

In your opinion, what would you say is reasonable?

Also, if it wasn't reasonable, would I penalised?

Comment

AHHH the $64 question - getting it wrong will result in being penalised.

Comment

I thought so

I presume 5 words separated by _ would not be considered excessive... um... but is 10 going too far, do you think

Comment

I presume 5 words separated by _ would not be considered excessive... um... but is 10 going too far, do you think
            Iwould agree with this, but based on common sense rather than knowing what SE's require

Comment

Many thanks. I have stuck to not more than 5 or 6 words

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X