Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"add to cart" not addding!!!

Hi all

I know I posed the question last week, but just wondering if anyone had trouble with their "add to cart" (Version 8). Mine has stopped adding to cart (as I mentioned, a bit pointless for a shop programme to do this!) and wondered where the problem might lie. Have spent hours going through it all to try and find why, but I think I'm too new to Actinic to put my finger on it.
    If anyone has any suggestions, much appreciated
    Ed

Try a purge and refresh - sounds like some bits were missed/corrupted on upload.

Comment

Is it all items or just some, I noticed the other day that if I had hidden products on my site, duplicates of these products could not be added to the cart (using V7 though not V8), could it be something like this.

A URL would be useful.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Not adding to cart

Hi Jan

It's all items!
        Regards
        Ed

Comment

I had a look at the site and the thing that seemed strange was that you have no bounce page appearing after you have added a product to the cart. I don't know why this would be but think that this is what is causing your problem.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Acrt Not Adding

Many thanks for the help Jan. I'm afriad I'm such a newbie that I'm not too sure about "bounce pages".
            Regards
            Ed

Comment

Bounce Page

I have looked at the site through an independent FTP programme and see that "bounce.html" is located in the 'acatalog' folder. Is this correct? The only file outside the acatalog and cgi-bin folders is the "index.html"
              Regards
              Ed

Comment

I have looked at the site through an independent FTP programme and see that "bounce.html" is located in the 'acatalog' folder. Is this correct?
                Yep - that's OK. It's just also Actinic sometimes generates a bounce page 'on the fly' to take your customers back to the store after adding to cart.

What's the URL of your site?

Comment

Web Url

The Site is www.globalabels.co.uk Chris - I can give you the password privately. Can you help? (Frustration is setting in)
                  Many thanks
                  Kind regards
                  Ed

Comment

Check your fragment visibility tabs in the product sections. I've got two fragments in the store top and if I set the visibility so that they're displayed only to certain schedules, it knocks out the basket! [and yes, I have reported this both in v7 and v8]

So, if you have set any fragment visibility settings, put ticks back in all of the boxes and do a refresh.

Comment

Thanks Jonathan - will try to do as suggested!
                      Many thanks for the help - all appreciated
                      Regards
                      Ed

Comment

I had the same problem when I customised the layout of our product templates. I realised I had moved the opening form tag in the html code further down the template layout. Moving this back to the top of the html layout fixed the broken add to cart buttons.

Hope this might help

Comment

Please send some test customer account login details to communityadmin at actinic.co.uk. I'll be happy to take a look.

Other things to try though are:

Go to 'Design | Design Options' and see what the 'Bounce Page Delay' is set to. See what happens if you set it something other than '0' (if it is set to '0').

Also, trying changing the shopping mode of a section (in the 'Page Settings' tab) to 'Quantity in Shopping Cart' and see if this frees things up.

Comment

Originally posted by bentleybloke
                            So, if you have set any fragment visibility settings, put ticks back in all of the boxes and do a refresh.
                            Sorry to appear silly - I can't find the fragment boxes to tick; can anyone point me in the right direction please - I must be going blind in my old age.

Cheers and thanks to everyone for the help
                            Ed

Comment

Only fragments in product sections have the ability to be visible to certain price schedules. If you have these, there will be an extra tab on the fragment detail titled "Visibility".

Comment

Working...
                              X