Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk Only shipping

I found this in the KB for shipping to UK only
    Issue: How do I setup the shipping and handling for UK only?
    Solution: Remove all zones from the 'Shipping Bands' area within 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling tab', except for UK. Also set 'If shipping band not defined' to 'Do not allow shipping'. To change the heading on the website from 'Select Shipping Country', go to 'Design | Text' and click on the 'Go To' button. Type 171 in the 'ID' field and click 'OK' to take you to the prompt. Update your site.

Ref: 721
    I removed Shipping bands, so I only have UK (right click on Uk, properties show Zone properites having "United Kingdom", also set If shipping band not defined - do not allow shipping. Bu t on upload i get the attached image error
    Attached Files

That should be rsolved by going to the tax tab, and removing the EU tax zone.

I'm surprised the KB article does not mention this, but Actinic seems to expect that Tax and Shipping will be balanced.

It sort of makes sense - if you have set up a tax rate for Europe, you must be planning to ship there - hmmm - I can't find the shipping rates.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Absolutely correct

I also had to tick the box "do not allow none of the above as a zone member"

Both the shippingtables and VAT are set up by default for 3 regions UK, EU and ROW.

I reckon the KB needs to be updated

Comment

Hmm, I've been through these changes but still get the same error:

I've posted the screenshots:

Sorry to be a pain folks but I guess there are a stack of others out there who are trying to do the same or who will want to do the same as me and, in theory it should be simple especially as there are probably loads of businesses like ours who have a webshop designed for UK sales only.

Once this issue is resolved I'll document the settings and the process of getting the result and post it back on here.

Mike
        Attached Files
        Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
        www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Comment

Mike - I don't see any shipping costs in the screenshot. You need to have shipping costs defined for the UK for this to work.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

YES!!

Thanks William, phew.

Ok, I'll write all actions I have taken down and try and post a basic list on here somewhere.

Mike
            Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
            www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X