Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why am i getting "free demo Actinic" flashing ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why am i getting "free demo Actinic" flashing ..

Why am I getting an Actinic banner flashing with "free demo ,attention ,click here now"
    I don't want this logo (obviously) so need to know how to rid my site of it..
    info appreciated
    allie

What version of actinic are you using? where did you download it from?

Comment

unwanted flashing banner

Catalog version 8
      I bought it directly from Actinic software in W.Byfleet , UK.

Comment

There should never be a flashing banner with Actinic. It sounds like you might have some spyware on your machine that has compromised Internet Explorer. You should download and install a Spyware blocker such as Lavasoft's AdAware.

Comment

I have not yet uploaded (to the internet) the page with the flashing banner on - i am still in process of designing the page - so does your comment about spyware still apply?
          thanks

Comment

Yes - it's just a guess, but Actinic definitely produces no flashing banners so something esle is inserting them. My guess is a spyware program.

A screenshot of the banner would tell me for sure.

Comment

Chris

I will send you a screenshot, sorry to appear a complete klutz - but how do i do a screenshot - i know you just press a few buttons - but which ones!
              thanks
              allie

Comment

press the PrtSc button on your keyboard, thiscopies the screen to clipboard, now open your image software and paste the clipboard contents.

Save the image.

add the image as an attachment to your post

Comment

I think Chris must be right, I have tried to send a screen shot via email and it stops me sending it saying "pop up blocked"

so -looks like i need to upgrade my security/spyware. can you suggest something - not too expensive ,and thats likely to stop anything else "intruding " on my Actinic v8 software..i was really enjoying designing the web pages until this happened!
                  I have a dell inspiron 2200 lap top.
                  thanks

allie

Comment

Recomendations

Hi Allie,

From personal experience I can say that the combination of Kaspersky, Spyware Blaster and AdAware has kept my PC free of nasties for the past year.

Barry

Comment

Lookup "Spybot" on google, free and great results, weekly updates etc

We have used "Mcafee" for the rest and not had any trouble "NORTON" has caused a few problems in the past so a bit wary of it, but Mcfee seems to keep me clean sofar along with spybot

Great little spam software is eTRUST anti-spam was free but about £20 now but free trial simple to use and very effective
                      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                      X