New buyers - 30 day telephone support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New buyers - 30 day telephone support

One for Chris, Do new buyers of V8 get the 30 days telephone support that was offered with V7 - I ask because it is no longer mentioned on your website or in the info that comes in the box.

I ask because many of the posts for V8 are obviously being posted by people who have just bought the software and I feel that thier first support option should be Actinc.

Yep - all new purchasers of v8 will receive a letter in the post shortly after purchasing with their 30-day support contract details.

Comment

Would it not be better in the product box then they get everything at the same time - may even cut your postage costs.

Comment

Would it not be better in the product box then they get everything at the same time - may even cut your postage costs.
        I'm sure our general manager would agree with you - it just takes a day or so to enter a customer into our support system, and we don't want to delay the shipping of a customers piece of software.

Comment

How easily are people upgrading to v8? I'm currently running v6 and I'm very tempted to upgrade but not if it's going to be a headache. Is v8 running smoothly now or are there outstanding bugs? I like the sound of some of the new features but, you know, if it aint broke don't fix it ...
          www.pride.ie

Comment

How easily are people upgrading to v8?
            A thorough read of these forums will allow you to make up your own mind.

some people have upgraded ok, others have problems.

Comment

The 30 days support will also help you with the upgrade process if you have problems. How easy it is depends on how customised your site is so there is no easy/hard answer I think. Download the trial software and give it a try, it will not affect your current site.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                A thorough read of these forums will allow you to make up your own mind.

some people have upgraded ok, others have problems.

Fair comment, I've been reading through a fair bit ... obviously there are quite a few problems cropping up on here but you'd expect to hear from people experiencing problems on here rather then people who've found the change over plain sailing ... has the stock monitoring for atributes such as different sizes been improved?
                www.pride.ie

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                  The 30 days support will also help you with the upgrade process if you have problems. How easy it is depends on how customised your site is so there is no easy/hard answer I think. Download the trial software and give it a try, it will not affect your current site.

I've hardly customised the actinic part of my site at all, so it should be smooth enough I suppose. Just wanted to hear from people who've swapped and found it easy enough as there are [understandibly] quite a few problems cropping up on here. Is it possible to get the best seller list to appear on a seperate index.html page?
                  www.pride.ie

Comment

I've hardly customised the actinic part of my site at all
                    Then it should go well. The sites I have done that were based on standard Actinic designs have all upgraded OK

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                      Then it should go well. The sites I have done that were based on standard Actinic designs have all upgraded OK
                      Great stuff, thanks for your help, I think i'll try and free up some time and go for it.
                      www.pride.ie

Comment

Working...
                      X