Template Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template Selection

I have developed a site using version 7 developer, which I now wish to upgrade to version 8 business multi user. A lot of my current template used (layout 13) is hard coded due to layout and function recruitments.

Based on the layout of www.testmole.co.uk Could someone advise me of the best template to use in version 8? I have also been advised that it’s now possible to create your own template. If I was to use this site’s structure as a template, how is this achieved?

I would suggest you just let v8 upgrade your existing templates and see what it makes of it. It will probably leave you primary template, with all the tabs, intact. You may want to look at re-applying your product layout and section layout customisations to a fresh v8 template though, rather than using an upgraded one. This is often a quicker way of getting up and running.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the advise.

Based on your suggestion, I'm considering just selecting a new template within version 8 - which is currently Layout 13 (plus my mods) in version 7.

Based on the site layout www.testmole.co.uk

Is there a template in version 8 you could recommend?

Comment

Garry
        Based on your suggestion, I'm considering just selecting a new template within version 8 - which is currently Layout 13 (plus my mods) in version 7.

Based on the site layout www.testmole.co.uk

Is there a template in version 8 you could recommend?
        I am recommending that you leave the upgraded primary/overall layout template as it is - Actinic should be able to upgrade it without too much difficulty. If you would rather start the design of your overall layout from scratch then the Layout 13 theme would be a good place to start.

I suggest though you stick with the upgraded overall layout, and instead re-apply your customised PRODUCT designs to the default v8 product layouts - as I sometimes found that upgraded customised product layouts do not work brilliantly straight away.

Comment

Working...
        X