Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create "actinic mail form" within outer layout template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create "actinic mail form" within outer layout template?

Hello,

I would like to know how to create actinic mail form within template, as when I use the "normal" approach, it is not parsed at all. If I enter action parameter manually, I receive an error (Error: There is no valid input parameters for the script! Check the referencing HTML code!).

Thanks,
    Tomas J Stehlik
    seo company: web development - online marketing - actinic ecommerce

When you link to an Actinic form, you have to link via the mail form script (mf000001.pl) in order for the NETQUOTEVARs to be parsed by the scripts, and not appear in the HTML browser.

Look at the standard 'Contact Us' link in an Actinic navigation bar. It uses the variable "SendMailPageLink" and looks like .../cgi-bin/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM

However, if you just want to put a form in the sidebar of your page, for example, then you should be able to do this no problem - you just need to ensure that the value="...." attributes within the <input> fields are empty. This will stop the NETQUOTEVARs from appearing in the screen.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, however, this reply is not answering MY question.

Please try again.

Thank you,
      Tomas J Stehlik

Comment

Perhaps you need to give a better description of what your asking for

try searching the forum for contact us forms, there is plenty of info around

Darren

Comment

I do not know what to say more, as everything is written in the first post.

Simply, if one inserts the form which works in the fragment, directly into template, it ceases to work. That's it.

Thanks for understanding,
          Tomas J Stehlik

Comment

Are you nesting forms?
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
              Are you nesting forms?
              No. Please understand: I am not asking for anything special. Do not look for more than is already written. There is no hidden trap. Just a normal actinic mail form into a normal actinic outer layout template. However, I need it functional.

It would be nice if it is answered by Actinic personnel, as it is more "a support request".

Thanks,
              Tomas J Stehlik

Comment

Support tends to handle support requests and telephone calls, this is more of a peer support area (hence the Community in the name), but if thats your attitude - on you go.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I suggest you upload your store to the website, and then copy and paste the HTML from a working contact us form (form <form> tag to </form> tag) and paste this code into the outer layout of your v8 design. You can then tailor the appearance of it to make it fit within your design.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                    I suggest you upload your store to the website, and then copy and paste the HTML from a working contact us form (form <form> tag to </form> tag) and paste this code into the outer layout of your v8 design. You can then tailor the appearance of it to make it fit within your design.
                    This had been done as the first thing. Just this approach produces that error. That's why I consider it quite strange.

Kind regards,
                    Tomas J Stehlik

Comment

Thank you (Actinic) for all that great help.

Kind regards,
                      T J Stehlik

Comment

I'd like to help you, but so far I have given you two fixes - and you have rejected both of them with no explanation. Perhaps if you could post a URL showing a non-working form, someone will be able to better help you.

Comment

Working...
                        X