X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.03 Production Release - Snapshot Error

OK need some help

I thought this had been fixed or am i doing something wrong

Just installed the V8.03 production release, no problems put back my changes to the pl files plus a few minor layout tweaks.

Did a snapshot and got these errors.

Errors
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 573) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Kites R Us\acatalog\build_you_own_kites_free.html was not found System error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 573) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Kites R Us\acatalog\news_information.html was not found System error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 573) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Kites R Us\acatalog\mountain_boards.html was not found System error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 573) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Kites R Us\acatalog\accessories_spares.html was not found System error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 573) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Kites R Us\intermediate_kites.html was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 573) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Kites R Us\acatalog\advice_information.html was not found System error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 573) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Kites R Us\acatalog\a_history_of_kites.html was not found System error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 573) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Kites R Us\script.js was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

No i upgraded V8.02 not a clean install, i have done all the usual things like compact databases, restart pc e.t.c so now need some more isuggestions

Cheers
    Darren

Do you by any chance have some hardcoded links to those pages on your website?

The reason I ask is that Actinic has had a problem with snapshot's whereby the software thinks any hardcoded links are to additional files that they should try to include in the snapshot, even though they're files that actinic creates itself and thus don't exist in the site folder.

I've no idea if this got fixed in V8, but if it is this problem then it's benign in that the warnings have no relevance.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike

A couple of the news pages and stuff does have some hardcoded links but the store product pages dont so not sure what is upsetting it, i will have a look a bit deeper, had enough tonight.

I thought the problem had been fixed in the 8.03 though

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

I have to admit that looking at your errors it does look like the problems that were reported earlier. Maybe Actinic can say if it's supposed to be fixed or not.

Mike

Comment

I too am having the same errors as I had before!

David
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Hi Mike

I think it was suppost to be fixed. This is the line from the list of fixes

18. You no longer receive coding errors after carrying out a snapshot export.

No 18 i am not so sure this has been fixed? can someone from actinic confirm this is the same error, it looks the same as the one i had before returning to V8.02.

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

18. You no longer receive coding errors after carrying out a snapshot export.
              This was a weird bug where the coding errors exclamation mark would flash red after doing a snapshot for no reason. This is now fixed.

With regards to your errors, you have created a link to 'acatalog/file_name.html' in your design - and the snapshot is looking for these files. The error is simply Actinic telling you that it could not find those files. It's always done this - it isn't a new v8 feature.

I'll suggest to the development team that a better warning message that you can disable, would be much better.

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply, you say it has always done this.

It does not do it in my V7 Live or V8.02 test site but only in V8.03 and some of the pages it has errors with do not have any hardcoded links in them?

That said i will go through every page and checked what is there but one i am 99% sure is

the (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 573) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Kites R Us\acatalog\a_history_of_kites.html was not found System error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.

This is nothing more than a page of text. you can see this page here http://kitesrus.co.uk/acatalog/test/..._of_kites.html

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

Hi darren,

It isn't a link on the page that causes the problem, but a link to the page from somewhere else.

The problem is that actinic thinks the page being linked to should be included and then trows a wobbly when it can't find it in the site folder.

Mike

Comment

Ah I see

OK that makes complete sense, i can confirm that i have links to these pages from other pages.

Thanks for clearing that one up, just one thing i do not understand why i am getting it now, so i am ok to ignore this error as per your previous posts

Thanks again
                    Darren

Comment

i am ok to ignore this error
                      In my opinion - no - you need to check that there is not a page naming error - mypage.html instead of myPage.html etc - and if no error is found, it is OK to ignore. That's why this error message is so dangerous, it does not differentiate between a typo in a page name and a fully qualified link where relative addressing is expected.

If you change all the full path links to relative links, Actinic should resolve the page names by adding the BASEHREF to them - that should elimate the false error reporting, and also very slightly reduce the code bulk.
                      Last edited by wjcampbe; 19-Oct-2006, 02:46 PM. Reason: sort the quote tag
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill

Thanks for you input but you lost me

what do you mean by
                        fully qualified link where relative addressing is expected
                        and
                        If you change all the full path links to relative links, Actinic should resolve the page names by adding the BASEHREF to them - that should elimate the false error reporting, and also very slightly reduce the code bulk
                        do you mean change http://www.xyz.co.uk/acatalog/mypage.html to be /acatalog/mypage.html

Cheers
                        Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,

The same problem cropped up for me again on upgrading to 803 production release, although I'd got it fixed in the beta

Anyway, I found that renaming the affected pages, just a small change, i.e. adding an _ in the name or something solved the problem along with copying actinicextras.js from the 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Original' folder into my 'Site1' folder solved the problem.

Once I took an error free snapshot, I then changed the page names back and it hasn't cropped up again since.

Comment

Hi Jon

I have changed all my links to include the http:// bit and all the errors have gone except i still have the java script error even after copying the files over from the original directory.

not sure what is causing them, but had enough for today

Cheers
                            Darren

Comment

Working...
                            X