Can Actinic Multi-User do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Actinic Multi-User do this?

I've been approached by a client to build a site for them that is as much order and process management as it is ecommerce. In brief, the client provides printed items (such as brochures, catalogues, etc.) to a wide range of national clients with multiple branches. For example, banks, building societies, etc. They hold the items in stock and the clients can call the items off. So think of items like tri-fold brochures that you can pick up from your local bank counter that explains how you can apply for one of their snazzy new credit cards, or savings accounts, or whatever.

The process for calling items off is as follows:
    1. A user at a client branch logs into the system and places an order for the literature that they require.
    2. A user at the client head office is notified of the order (by email?) and logs into the system to either authorise or deny some or all of the order.
    3. My client then receives the completed order and processes it for print and packing.
    Each client (branches and head offices) of my client should only be able to see the products that relate to them. In other words, Bank A should not be able to see Bank B's leaflets when they log in.

Each client branch will be limited to the products that they can see. If Bank A has a promotion going on in the North of the UK for a special mortgage rate, branches in the South will not be able to see that product.

Each user should be able to see stock levels for the products that they have the right to see.

Additionally, some clients (football clubs) have products that they will order themselves but that they also want my client to be able to put up on the website for the general public to be able to order using traditional payment methods.

So, my first question is, can Actinic handle this kind of operation?

Finally, my client does not want to have to:
    1. Have software installed at each client's head office
    2. Does not want to have to incur additional costs each time they acquire a new client
    So, my second question is, can this be done with Actinic Business Multi-User Version in such a way that that is the only product my client pays for (as well as obviously paying for me to do the development )?

Thanks for your help and your replies.
    Regards

Patrick Nelson
    UnderDesign.co.uk

This could be done using Actinic business, with each client buying from an online shop using a unique customer account (you can limit products seen for each customer account). You would only need to use Actinic multiuser if you wanted several people to process orders at your clients site ... assuming I have understood your requirement of course.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

A user at the client head office is notified of the order (by email?) and logs into the system to either authorise or deny some or all of the order.
      I dont think it can do this bit - the order will go direct it cannot be intercepted and authorised.

Comment

Yeah, that's the problem - not all the order processing is done by my client, some of it is done by the head offices of their clients...
        Regards

Patrick Nelson
        UnderDesign.co.uk

Comment

not all the order processing is done by my client, some of it is done by the head offices of their clients
          Actinic cannot handle this.

Comment

It can send a confirmation email to head office, who can then email the, OK or not to the actinic users office

After all i imagine 99% of orders would go through ok with only a few being questioned by the head office
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
              It can send a confirmation email to head office, who can then email the, OK or not to the actinic users office

After all i imagine 99% of orders would go through ok with only a few being questioned by the head office
              Thanks Chris,

The only problem with this though is the manual intervention and act required on the part of my client and their staff. I don't think they'll go for that.
              Regards

Patrick Nelson
              UnderDesign.co.uk

Comment

It can only send an email copy to one location. If the site is used for multiple accounts then one head office will get all the emails for all the other head offices.

Comment

Working...
                X