Hidden sections no longer uploaded in 8.0.3 production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden sections no longer uploaded in 8.0.3 production

I noticed with v8 that the hidden sections were uploaded (I quite liked this) and this worked upto 8.0.3 beta, however now 8.0.3 is in production release the hidden sections aren't uploaded. Is there a new setting to turn this back on?

Hidden sections have never been shown or uploaded until v8, where this was a bug.

Basically, the idea on hiding a section was so that it was in your local copy (maybe under development) but never uploaded.

v803 fixed this bug, which is why it no longer gets uploaded..

Sorry, a bug you liked, which should not have been allowed.

Comment

sorry, Am I getting my wires crossed here?

I have created a set of hidden products ie gloves, red small, red medium, blue small, blue medium and then placed them in a section called "hidden from the web"
      then created a master product called gloves, created the component, and attributes and linked the permutations to the hidden products.
      In my head, the main master product of gloves will be seen on the web, but all the hidden individual products would be hidden from the user.

Are we now saying that the products in the "hidden from the web pages" section will NOT be uploaded to the web and therefore the "master gloves" product will no longer work. ?

of course, this will then raise the question, if this is NOT the right way to do it, what is.

Comment

Place your hidden products into the same visible section that your master product resides within, and then they will all be within the online cat files which is what is needed for them to be accessible to your components etc.

The bug discussed previously, was where a section set as hide on the web, was physically showing, so this is now fixed so it does not show anymore...

Comment

so, in this particular case, place the individual linked products into the same section as the master product, hide the individual items from the web and then the system works.

It appears you are saying that its when you hide the entire section that you get issues.

Comment

Working...
          X