Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob question about registering dreamweaver design & navigation bars

Hello

When I create a basic page design in dreamweaver 8, then save the project, then register the page design with actinic, it displays just fine in actinic-however the navigation bar in actinic is now gone and my page is in its place.

I was under the impression that my dreamweaver page would be placed in actinic BELOW the navigation bar NOT remove the navigation bar and place my page in its place----if you can understand what I am saying…

For an example I can only select in page layout- two header bars – one side bar – horizontal page list OR my page layout from dreamweaver NOT both.

I want my design from dreamweaver with the navigation bar I have chosen in actinic together on the same page.

In simple steps…how can I do this.

Thanks in advance

Htmlwarrior

You need to insert Actinic content at the design stage in DW from the Actinic extension.

Comment

Thank you very much for your fast response but I am still a little confused:

My knowledge of dreamweaver is fair so bear with me,

With the risk of seeming like a total beginner:…..

I assume you are referring to “import a page design from actinic” from inside dreamweaver?
      If so,

I insert my desired navigation bar(s) from actinic import menu and I get this in the DESIGN tab of DREAMWEAVER

Page Title
      Title
      /> “ /> ” /> “ /> “>

UnregCustomerMessage:Script for Blocking Unregistered Customers

“>

[HeaderArea:Header Area – Cart in Row 1 – Nav Bar in Row 2]

[Quicksearchbar] [NowServing]

[TopLevelSectionList] [LogoutSimple]

[couponentryfeild:sidebar couponfield] [headerfooter:header text]
      [bestsellerlistsidebar] [innerlayout]
      [Headerfooter:footer text]
      [newproductlistsidebar] [referrerlink]

Am I to perform another import action from the menu OR am I to paste my own html code or design in now?---and where in this code would I paste it?

Thanks
      HtmlWarrior

Comment

Hi HTMLWarrior

What you need to do is create your HTML design in Dreamweaver and then register it with Actinic, as you have done before.

Then you need to go to the 'Actinic | Insert Actinic Content' option in Dreamweaver and use that to insert the navigation bars and logo images etc.

You can also insert the 'INNERLAYOUT' content item to indicate where you want Actinic to stick all the products and sections.

The Dreamweaver extension allows you to build the entire 'outer layout' for the Actinic store, so it will replace whatever is currently used in Actinic. I hope that makes a bit more sense.

Comment

Thank you all for your input again…

I think I was not more descriptive enough with what I was trying to do…

I was already aware that with my design in dreamweaver that I could add Actinic content into my created page such as navigation bars, logo and search Etc, essentially creating MY OWN header bar and footer bar items for my design…however I want to use Actinic’s “two header bars – one sidebar – horizontal page list” layout on my own dreamweaver pages as I would like that layout on my dreamweaver/actinic pages.

When I have my designed page in dreamweaver open and saved (and still open), I try an “import a page design from actinic” in dreamweaver and select “two header bars – one sidebar – horizontal page list”. When I do this dreamweaver imports the page design as expected but deletes all of MY work on the page in place of that layout. (if you follow me)

I was under the impression that this function would simply just add the “imported page design” to MY design having my inner design and “two header bars – one sidebar – horizontal page list” on the “perimeter” of my created page.

Is there a way to use the default “two header bars – one sidebar – horizontal page list” design in my dreamweaver project WITHOUT having to add all the items individually?

And if not can I just copy and paste the code somehow from the “two header bars – one sidebar – horizontal page list” template to add it to my design?

Thank you very much in advance

HTMLwarrior

Comment

Hi there

And if not can I just copy and paste the code somehow from the “two header bars – one sidebar – horizontal page list” template to add it to my design?
            Yes I'm afraid this would be the way to do it. What you could do is open your design in dreamweaver, then in Actinic, change to the layout you want to get the header bar from, then go to "Design" tab, and in the layout code, simply copy the bit you wish to add in dreamweaver.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X