Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Levels V7 to V8

Hi All

Is there an easy way of importing my stock levels from V7 to V8, I have just about finished my V8 site and would like to set it live, however the stock levels are now incorrect because of sales and deliveries in my V7 site.

So is it a case of manually changing them or is there a simple little work around like copying the column from my V7 database and pasting it in my V8

Cheers
    Darren

Um, I was going to say read this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24464 but I see you already posted in it a week or so ago. I guess you must have forgotten all about it.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike

The order bit is not a problem, it is actually the stock levels against the products, i think the import export thing does not work with stocks as when you reimport V8 it over writes what is already there, not sure and have not tried.

I have got to be honest, i could probably do most of the stock levels in the time it takes to do all that.

I was just looking for and easier way. It is no great issue and probably will not take me long if i just get on with it, any orders that come from the V7 while i am doing it are an easy adjustment after

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

Good point Darren. I assumed that the orders import bit would also import the relevant stock levels but now you raise the question I'm not so sure.

Maybe Chris could reply on this.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You could write a SQL statement to copy the details over from one database to the other, you would need to link in the product table from the V7 database to the V8 one first.

We are writing a generic product mash that will export an Actinic flat import file from your catalog, if this was ready you could use that. What is your time scale for this?

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

I have no real time scale i am still sitting on the fence and planning it for when i have a bit of time should something not work (mind you its like having kids, never is the right time but when you have done it you wonder what all the fuss is about). I see no reason for it not to work as it is fine in testing.

I had planned for tuesday as i have a few hours spare in the afternoon.

It is not a big issue as i only have around 250 products on the kite site, once this is done then i shall start on the main site and that has around 3500 products but i want to get mine sorted first.

Cheers
            Darren
            PS Never did find the stock valuation report on the profit and pricing tool.

Comment

I haven't done any work on the profit and pricing tool for a while at some point a stock value report will be added.

I'm looking for a kite that you can fly in the rain ... ie one suitable for british weather, can you sell me one of those?

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

I have flown many kites in the rain, well got completely soaked then gave up and went home as for flown maybe it flew a bit but i tend not to remember those days.

Seriously though, if you want a kite let me know what your interested in and i am sure we can come to some arrangement.

How about a nice Beamer TSR and Board, Remember i take no responsibilty for broken bones though. Thats a point i am sure Jo has probably had a dable in the past, being the extreme sport nutter she is, maybe i could do a special double package deal for you both.

Are you slaking then with the software developement, anyone would think there was a new version of actinic around or something.

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

I was just feeling sorry for myself earlier, it looked as the afternoon's kiting was going to be cancelled due to rain, apparently it is clearing up. I buy my kites/equipment from Jo, thanks for the offer though.

I have been doing a lot of custom work upgrading over the last few weeks, Pat is working hard on the main software though, mostly with feeds and some new stuff though.

Regards,

Comment

No Problems

I had thought Jo was ducking out of the kite market or is there a site i do not know about

Cheers
                    Darren

Comment

Remember i take no responsibilty for broken bones though. Thats a point i am sure Jo has probably had a dable in the past, being the extreme sport nutter she is
                      I've already got 1,2,3 and 4m kites and buggy! Can't be bothered with boarding, as its means standing up. Chilled out extreme nutter...

http://www.edgewatersports.com/webcam

to see us in full glory, limited offer between 4pm and 6pm Sunday afternoon

Comment

I go kiting with Jo, I don't buy through a shop, she just magics it up from somewhere. Nice and easy that way. :-)

Regardfs,

Comment

http://www.edgewatersports.com/webcam

to see us in full glory, limited offer between 4pm and 6pm Sunday afternoon
                          Yeah, I'll be the one huddled up with a flask of coffee under a big umbrella :-)

Regards,

Comment

Hi Jo

Nice site, see you have been busy then, had a look at the shop and see you have definately got more in the range of getting wet brigade. I like to keep my feet as near to tera firma as possible, me and water do not mix well.

Quick question your wind metre seems extremely cheap for sky xplorer 2, this price is normaly for the 1, if this is correct i would love to know your supplier.

Love the web cam stuff. also the shop looks abit like an actinic store but in PHP ?

Cheers
                            Darren

Comment

Darren, the edgewatersports site is nothing to do with me, I visit the site to use the webcam to suss out the conditions at Exmouth before getting into the car to pop down there. Thats where my relationship with the site starts and ends.

The shopping bit of the site is Actinic Express.

Comment

Working...
                              X