Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

credit card payments

Hi,

I want to accept credit cards via my own SSL server and then charge them later when I am ready to ship. What options are available to me? I found that quickbooks can do this in the actual package:

# One off set up fee of £100
    # First year Annual fee of £100 (discounted from £160 standard)
    # Credit Card rate of 3.90%
    # UK Debit card rate of £0.50 fixed rate

but this seems a tad expensive. Any ideas or suggestions on who I should do this through? I would be willing to join FSB or some such group if it makes it cheaper.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Hi

I joined the FSB £130 then got free setup to natwest streamline (£250) and signed up for PROTX, i do most of my credit card charging online but i also get the use of a virual terminal to process manually.

I have not used quick books but believe it is only the pro version that does the credit card authorisation and you have to pay for this service aswell.

It really depends what you expect to take. or the other option is get a streamline account then get a terminal aswell

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

Do you have a card machine on which you can process these transactions manually? If so capture credit card details using your SSL, download the order details and then process them manually when you are ready to ship.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have some old software for a shop that I could use for my EFT so wouldnt need to rent a pdq. I think I will just join streamline and ask for 100% mail order/internet.

I already have a merchant ID for my other business so I will try and use that for leaverage.

Thanks for all your help.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
        X