Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Version 5 Business and Version 8 Catalog side-by-side on the same machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 5 Business and Version 8 Catalog side-by-side on the same machine?

Hi -

I am going to change my existing Business v 5 ecommerce site over to Catalog v. 8.

I'm not going to attempt to Upgrade my site; I'm going to create a new site with a new design in v. 8 on a 'test' domain, then when I am happy with it and understand all the new features and am sure it is all working OK, I am going to switch my real, 'live' site over to the new v. 8 site.

Therefore, I will need to be running the v5 and v8 sites together at the same time - can this be done from the same PC? Can the two distinct versions live side-by-side like this on the same PC, without each interfering with the other, as completely separate entities? (eventually, of course, if all goes well, I will be wanting to just delete the v5 software from the PC).

Many thanks in advance

yes you can run v5 and v8 on the same PC, they use discrete folders

Comment

Thank you Jo

Thank you Jo, that is excellent news. There seems to be a really good Upgrade offer from Actinic to go from v5 to v8 at only £250 + VAT at the moment, which I would like to take advantage of.

The other thing I'm going to need is an Actinic-savvy Web designer who can give our existing v5 site a lookover, so they can see what we're all about, and then come up with a new sharper more professional design for us (making sure we get the full e-commerce Google Analytics code incorporated into the site in the process, something we havn't been able to fully do with the current site). Can you recommend anybody, or perhaps know where I should looking?

Thanks again. This Forum is great!

Comment

Can you recommend anybody, or perhaps know where I should looking?
        I would place a request in the AOB forum and see what turns up...

Comment

Great idea

That's a great idea, I'll do that. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X