Missing Page Title Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Page Title Tags

Im halfway through redesigning an upgraded site and have just noticed that all the title tags have vanished from every brochure page they are still there for the products, so why have they gone for the brochure pages.

Its taking so long to design in V8 - for every step forward there are twenty steps back. Can you still buy V7? V8 may be cheaper for designers to buy client etc but it takes to long to do anything and I am loosing the will to carry on with Actinic.

Hi Malcolm

Sorry for the frustrating time you are having. What variable is being used in the <title> field of your overall page layout for your brochure pages? It should be PageTitle.

Alterntively, you could copy in the following code into the <title> tags to show different page titles on different pages:

Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Section%27"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%200"><actinic:variable name="SectionName" />, <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200"><actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Brochure%27"><actinic:variable name="BrochureName" />, <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%27Section%27%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%27Brochure%27%29" ><actinic:variable name="PageType" />, <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>

Comment

Its nothing to do with the variables - the text for the tag has been removed from Page Settings | Page Title field.

Comment

OK - understood.

This is a new feature in v8. In v7 you only had the single 'Page Title' field, which was used for the name of the brochure page, and the text in the <title> tag in the HTML page design.

In v8 you can now enter different text in the 'General | Name' field and then 'Page Settings | Page Title' field - thus allowing you to have good looking names for you brochure pages in your brochure navigation bars, but also allowing you to optimise your page titles for search engines.

I hope that helps.

Comment

That sfine chris BUT why has the upgrade removed all the text. Every page was optimised for SEO and now it all gone - I will have to cut and paste from V7

Brochure pages in V8 should have a show/no show box to dictate if you want them to show in the nav bar. I have many in the site I am working on, all optimised for SEO but they do not all need to be on the nav bar so I have to hard code the navigation when Actinic could do it.

Also while on the subject why is there no option to insert the brochure page navigation from the DW extension - there is everything else. The brochure page nav only shows as an option when you are working in the design pane.

Comment

Malcolm

I owe you a big favour.

Do you want me to plough through some for you, i really don't mind?

Cheers

Lee

Comment

Thanks for the offer Lee but there are other issues with that site and I have put the upgrade on hold untill V8 gets sorted.

Comment

OK Malcolm, no probs.

If you have a couple of hours of boring and mundane things that you really cannot be bothered to do. Let me know, i am determined to repay your help the other night. Sitting up for so long with a friend in cyberspace was the only thing that kept me going!

V8 is a bit like a marathon, you need that TV interview about 18 miles through to keep you going.

Comment

Sitting up for so long with a friend in cyberspace was the only thing that kept me going!
                  Iknew I should have gone down the pub on Saturday night

Comment

And i should have known the quick hour to upload and test the new domain was a completely ridculous expectation. The grass still hasn't been cut!

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                      Im halfway through redesigning an upgraded site and have just noticed that all the title tags have vanished from every brochure page they are still there for the products, so why have they gone for the brochure pages.

Its taking so long to design in V8 - for every step forward there are twenty steps back. Can you still buy V7? V8 may be cheaper for designers to buy client etc but it takes to long to do anything and I am loosing the will to carry on with Actinic.
                      Hmmm, thought I check mine after reading your post......they're still there but when I view a page via a browser say for example my home page which should display Eccleston Angling Centre Ltd......instead I'm getting:

<span class='actregular'>Eccleston Angling Centre Ltd</span> for the page title

Any idea?
                      www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

Not a clue Ive put that site in the to-do pile.

Comment

Tis okay....it's now sorted

Comment

Sorry, I should have said what I've done?

Ended up going to design and having a look at the details of a SectionName via the edit appearance option and checking that against the BrouchureName

It solved the problem

Comment

Single quotes around the class wouldn't help i would imagine.

Comment

Working...
                              X