Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do fragments within sections create a product number - bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do fragments within sections create a product number - bug?

v8.0.3
    I've always been led to believe that fragments were just that, the ability to add snippets of text, images etc without relating them to the individual products.

Today, I was playing with copying sections and kept on being prompted for new product numbers - investigatsions have shown that this just coincided with the number of fragments I have within that section - so I created a test in this order
    • created a new section at the top of the catalog called "test bug"
    • created a new basic product called "bug1"
    • created a new fragment called "bug fragment" (all under the new "test bug section"
    • clicked on "test bug section" and copied
    • pasted and it says "name already exists" - give it a new section name "test bug copy"
    • it rightly asks for the new product code - call that "bug1copy"
    • BUT THEN asks for a product code for the fragment being copied - call it bugFragmentCopy

I've looked in the actual database and sure enough, I've got a new product called "bugFragmentCopy" in the table.products

When I then issue duplicates of products, I can clearly see the "bugFragmentCopy" product? in the list of available products to jump to.

is this correct functionality

just wondering if this is something that "occasionally causes the programme to lock up" as when I look back, I make quite a lot of use of fragments.

is this correct functionality
    Actually it isn't. I've just been doing some testing on my 8.0.3 and I can copy and paste fragments within the same section (with product references not being auto generated) and Actinic does not prompt me to enter a new reference.

Something strange has happened to your copy of Actinic for it to request this. I think it's a job for the support team to figure out what has happened.

Comment

its the trial version, does that matter, where do I send the snapshot to please.?

Comment

I don't think it will affect it being a trial version. You could always try taking a snapshot and then uninstalling and reinstalling Actinic and see if that makes a difference.

If you want to register an email support query, go to http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm. Someone will be in touch to ask for a snapshot.

Comment

I've completely uninstalled v8.0.3, downloaded the very latest trial version, and tested the creation of the above problem - absolutely no problem, I was ONLY prompted for a single product number.
          I then imported the problematical snapshot and the problem has returned. - fragments generate product codes.

its clearly something in the problematical database.

I've raised an issue with the support, and am awaiting a call.

one other thing Chris. the "request support form" on the main actinic site needs updating, there is NO MENTION of the new designer and clients version of software ( what product do you have a problem with? ) so you cant actually tell support what you are having problems with. !
          needs raising the development/support/web page people

I've put the product down as "UNKNOWN"

Comment

OK - I have asked the web site team (his name is Bruce) to update the site.

Comment

The new products have now been added to the drop-down. Thanks for pointing out this oversight.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

that was quick ! and its Friday night as well !

Comment

Working...
                X