Manual/Book/E-book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual/Book/E-book?

Just wondering where there is a good manual of some sort for Actinic 8.

I have webdesign experience so development is fine, but Actinic is a completely new piece of software to use for me so i need some kind of step-by-step guide of how to get my store designed, built, installed and managed?

Thanks

step-by-step guide
    The guides that are available at the moment are the only ones.

Comment

Ohhh, where are they?

Comment

On the Actinic website

Comment

When you purchase actinic it comes delivered with a getting started guide book. I think this is available for download also.

There is an advanced users guide that is available for download somewhere on here too.

Thats it for the documentation. There is the forum and knowledge base.

When you purchase actinic you get 30 day phone cover. After this you have to pay for the cover. You can also email your problems to their support.

My advice, if you have purchased it, is to work you socks off to get the layout and products set before the 30 day telephone support ends.

My emails to actinic have all dissappeared into a black hole. I have never recieved a reply. The telephone support is very limited in terms of help. They dont seem to know much about v8. There are no published books available for you to learn from.

My biggest help has been searching the forum for answers. If you cant find them, then post your problem and hopefully a member can help.

Without the help of forum members it would have been impossible to build my store and I thank every one of them.
          Leigh Robinson

Hand forged, hand folded custom swords
          http://www.masterforge.co.uk

Comment

Good points raised Leigh

I would strongly advise anybody to purchase the Actinic Cover (if budget allows of course) if you are looking after the site yourself and consider yourself less than techie

Surprised about the emails, we get responses quite quickly (or via telephone)

This forum is a very useful tool and with its members having various levels of experience, you will find the answer to most of your questions.

Of course the Actinic guru's lurk (Chris, Bruce et al) so you are never alone

Happy days...
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

pop over to the actinic download site page and there's the documentation that ecveryones talking about.

Comment

Working...
              X