Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

designer update requires uploading snapshot twice to see results

I thought I was seeing things,
    I have a trial of v8.0.3 in designer mode and have been creating new designs.
    I then "deploy partial site design" and create the acd file.
    swap across to the new designer catalog-client on a different machine and upload the snapshot.
    I uploaded, looked for my new layouts in any of the layout dropdowns - nothing there. - swapped this version to the trial designer mode and looked in the library - no new layouts there.
    swapped back to client-catalog and uploaded the snapshot for a second time, all is there, all my new layouts.
    I thought I was seeing things and I simply made a mistake lookig for the newlayouts so ignored it.
    today on another different machine (never had any updates applied), tried to import the new layouts and again it required TWO uploads to see anything.

they were only small uploads (340kb) but why two uploads to see any result ?

same thing

I have had the same experience - no idea why.

Comment

not being funny but its nice to see others had the same experience.
      I thought I was imagining thinks before. - luckily, its not a show stopper so its not much of an issue to apply the upgrade twice - but watch out that you don't save over the top of the first backup and have a screwed up backup file thats no use. !

due to other issues, I'm part way through totally un-installing v8.0.3, downloading the new complete install and going through the process again.
      perhaps there's something gone wrong with my last installation.
      I'm not due to deploy the snapshot until over the weekend, I'll see what happens.

Comment

I reported this last week (http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24609) and sent a Partial Design Snapshot to Chris to look at. In my case it was only some new Selectors that were being missed on the first Import.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yep - I get this as well. I have reported it to the team. Thanks for letting us know chaps.

Comment

Just to let you know that I am having this problem as well.
            Regards
            David

Comment

Working...
            X