No announcement yet.

Search results anchor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or just post a link to your site and a note regarding a product to search on, so we can see it happening.

Also make sure there's a target anchor in your Product Layouts. E.g.
    Code:
    <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>"></a>
    should be there. And should generate something like
    Code:
    <a name="a1234"></a>
    in your generated pages.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

The link is the first one in my signature.

An example is search for "3052", within the catalogue this product has product reference "304" and within the source code it has <a name="304">

When you click the link in the search results, it takes you to the page, if you scroll down a few products, you can see that "3052" is highlighted in red as it does, however the search link takes you to the top of the page and not the product.

I have confirmed my source code with that of Malcolm's which is identical.

Appreciate any light you can shed on this.

Many thanks

Lee

Comment

You are missing <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>"></a> from line 28 of the product layout.

You could reset the layout and go on from there.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          You are missing <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>"></a> from line 28 of the product layout.

You could reset the layout and go on from there.
          I'm not disagreeing with you, but the source code is littered with <a name="xxx">, is that not what the said variable is to create?

Comment

Beyond me!! This is my product layout code which works ok.

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
            <form method="post" action="<actinic:variable name="OnlineScriptURL" value="Shopping Cart Script URL" />">
            <input type="hidden" name="SID" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionID"/>" />
            <input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="PRODUCT" />
            <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
            <Actinic:SECTION BLOB='<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionCatFile"/>'/>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
            <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
            <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />
            </actinic:block>

<div class="product_list">
            <div class="image_product"><actinic:variable name="ProductImageLayout" /></div>
            <div>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29" >
            <actinic:variable value="Add To Cart Button With Cart Icon" name="AddToCartButton" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            <div style="float: right;"><strong><span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OutOfStock"/></span></strong></div>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            <div style="float: right;"><strong><span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="CatalogSuspended"/></span></strong></div>

<h3 class="product"><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></h3>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
            <p>Ref: <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" /></p>
            <h3 class="product_price">
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
            <Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductPriceDescription"/>">
            <actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
            </Actinic:PRICES>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False">
            <Actinic:NOTINB2B><br /><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></Actinic:NOTINB2B>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCustomerMessageUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
            <br />
            <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" COMPONENTID=-1><Actinic:Variable Name="RetailCustomerMessage"/></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION>
            </h3>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            <p>
            <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span><input type="text" name="Q_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" class="form_input_general" />
            </p>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptHidden%22%20%2f%3e">
            <input type="hidden" name="Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference"/>" value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />
            <actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
            <actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />
            </div>
            <p>
            <actinic:variable name="CartError" />

<div align="left"><actinic:variable name="ProductDescription" /> </div>

<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" />
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FileURLNotEmpty%22%20%2f%3e">
            <br />
            <a href="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkInfo"/>">
            <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkText"/>
            </a>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DiscountDescriptionIsShownForProducts%22%20%2f%3e">
            <br /><actinic:variable name="DiscountList" value="Standard Discount List" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOtherInfoPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            <br />
            <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br />
            <input type="text" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDatePromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            <br />
            <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="DatePrompt"/></span><br />
            <actinic:variable name="DayList" /><actinic:variable name="MonthList" /><actinic:variable name="YearList" />

<actinic:variable name="ProductAlsoBoughtList" />

<actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" />
            </p>
            </div>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
            </form>

Comment

I see two things that are weird.

1) Your search list URL's end in %23a1_21304#a1_21304
              You seem to be duplicating the anchor tag (%23 is a #). Note that the 1_21 bit indicates that this is duplicate 1 of a product.

2) Your page source has e.g.

<a name="304"><span class="actregular"><b><SPAN CLASS="actsearchhighlightcolor">3052</SPAN></b></span></a>

which is the wrong format for the anchor. It should be

<a name="a1_21304"></a>

so I very much doubt you have

in your Product Layout.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

so I very much doubt you have

in your Product Layout
                Its definately not there - I have the product layout and it is missing from line 28. Lee, try pasting it back in.

Comment

Well its 10 hours almost to the minute and i have finally solved with the help of both Norman and Malcolm.

THE UPGRADED TEMPLATE WAS UPGRADED TO THIS MESS:

Code:
                  <a name="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference"/>"><span class="actregular"><b><actinic:variable name="ProductName"/></b></span></a>
                        <span class="actxsmall"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e">
                           Ref: <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />
                  </actinic:block> <br>
                        <actinic:variable name="ProductDescription"/>&nbsp;<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks"/></span>

THE STANDARD FACTORY LAYOUT IS THIS:

Code:
                  <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>">
                           <b><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></b></a>
                           <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
                           </actinic:block><br />
                           <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductDescription"/>
                           <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" />

AND I HAVE NOW DONE THIS MERGING THE TWO:

Code:
                  <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>">
                           <span class="actregular"><b><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></b></span></a>
                           <span class="actxsmall"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
                           </actinic:block><br />
                           <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductDescription"/>
                           <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" /></span>
                  HALLELUJAH!!

I'm off to cut the grass and do some weeding, oh cripes it's dark.

Norman - the upgrader had included product reference twice, which i believe is the error you found.

Malcolm - the variable you mentioned was not included as you expected. The reason i missed this, is that in the source code you can clearly see <a name=""> all over the place and i presumed that these were the correct anchors and didn't check them. Presuming simple things were upgraded OK, is something i must stop presuming!

Malcolm, Norman - many thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Is this one for the good news page?!!

David
                    -----------------------------
                    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

LOL,

Comment

Read this thread but can't figure out what to change

I seem to have the same problem as detailed here, I'm getting the results back from the search but the links don't take me to the product, just to the page they're on.
                        I can see the changes to make to the code at the end of the thread but which layout do I alter and how do I access it.

Thanks
                        david

Comment

The layout that needs amending is the Product layout, check your layout to see if it has
                          if not add it in the line above 'Product Name' and save. You will need to make the same change to each layout if you are using different layouts over the store. Update the site and check.

Kind regards,
                          Bruce King
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                          X