fragments - linked products and sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fragments - linked products and sections

I'm trying to get the correct words to display in the web page when I use the Links page of a fragment.

I can choose the Product or Section correctly and when I look at the source code, its correctly put in the url to that section or product.
    What I'm after is putting the SectionName or ProductName for that particular link.

I tried SectionName and ProductName but they dont work.
    In the code, it points to FragmentLinkedItemID correctly to build the URL but the actual names do not appear within the <a>name?</a> are.

I know I can put in the fragment title etc but if I do that and decide to change the name of the actual product, I then have to find all occurances and go round changing them.

can anybody tell me what variables I should use please

Hi Kevin

The formats of the link are held within "Design | Text".

Fragment Product Link: Phase -1: ID: 2056
    Code:
    <a href="%s?PRODREF=%s%s" target="%s">%s</a>
    Fragment Section Link: Phase -1, ID: 2057
    Code:
    <a href="%s?SECTIONID=%s%s" target="%s">%s</a>
    Fragment URL Link: Phase -1, ID: 2058
    Code:
    <a href="%s" target="%s">%s</a>
    Note the '%s' for the text is held within the executable and cannot be changed I'm afraid

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

sorry, but I don't follow:
      <a href="%s?PRODREF=%s%s" target="%s">%s</a>
      I create a new simple fragment, give it a title and then pop to the Links-Tab, click in the "Link" box allowing me to click on a "product" and then choose the product from the dropdown.

Can you please show me a bit of code held within the library-fragment, that shows the "name-of-the-linked-product" on the screen and gives the url of the "product-location" in the format you quoted above please.

I can happily adjust this to give a url, product or section.

Comment

Hi Kevin

I've been looking into this and afraid this isn't possible. The only variable that is available within the fragment layout is <actinic:variable name="FragmentLinkedItemID" /> which will only give the product reference or section page name. I'm will mark what you are after as a wishlist.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

definately a wish
          it seems daft that we can detect that the fragment has a link, and can also detect if its a section or product or url but we can't get the name of the product or section !

Comment

Working...
          X