Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Item specific discounts

Hi,

I am using v8 as a trial and all is going well so far. To ensure the program will be able to adapt to my business requirements I need to know the following:

I have added my products to Actinic with the price set as the full retail price. Many items will be sold lower that RRP but at different price and & levels. I have not been able to find how ti discount individual items.

Please can someone advise. I will also want the two prices to appear on the product page.

Thanks in advance,

Trevor
    kayt61

Hi Trevor

I can not answer all your questions but you need to allocate products to different sorts of discounts you need to create your various discount groups, call them what makes sense. Then allocate your products to that group. Set up your discounts acordingly

I have only set up discounts to be applied at price breaks and products are included in the discount or not.

There are many people on here who have some buy 2 get one free and all that stuff however most of these will be around Monday.

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Can anyone advise how I can do exactly what I am wanting to do.....opr at least nearly what I want to do?

Comment

On what basis do you want do discount? Always? By number of products bought? etc?

B.

Comment

I want to be able to discount individual products and not base it on quantity/value. I also want the discount to show next to the full price on the product description page.

If possible I would like another field on the same page which shows the customer how much they are saving, either in £ value or as a percentage.

Regards,

Trev

Comment

Trev, I'll tell you what I did...

Create a product variable called RRP. Store the full price in RRP, and put the actual discounted price in the Actinic price. Then edit the pricing layout to show the RRP variable after the price (in a BLOCK IF so that it only shows if it's not empty). e.g. "Price: £12.99 (RRP: £19.99)". You can put the RRP bit in a paler colour so as not to confuse.

I did it this way as all my products are "discounted" so I want to show the RRP as well as the actual price.

I guess an alternative is to use the Discounts system to apply a £ off discount to a product with a quantity of 1, but then I don't think you'll be able to see the two prices. And you'd have to set up a Group for each Product (I think...)

Hope this helps, Brian

Comment

Brian,

Thanks for that, I thought an additional variable may be needed.

I will give this a whirl, thanks again,

Trev

Comment

I have done exactly the same thing on one of the sites I am developing -a separate variable with the full price, and using the actual Actinic price field to enter the discounted price.

NOW, is it possible to manually code an equation within Actinic, which can work out the money saved by minusing the cheaper price from the normal price? This is what I'm after now. I know how to do this in PHP but not so sure with Actinic.

Help appreciated.
                Sam Davis
                Bright Light Media Ltd

Comment

Hi Sam

I'll have a word with the development team about this and post back. Meanwhile if any PHP guru has ideas on this, please do post here.
                  Krithika Chandrasekar
                  SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Well I've been experimenting with PHP and have managed to do the following.

I have the Old Price and the New Price currently showing on my product listing. I have turned both these into PHP variables, so I would have thought it would have been as simple as doing some PHP mathematic functions, but it isn't the case...

I can successfully echo $varNowPrice and $varOldPrice - which echos the prices (numbers only without £ sign etc) using the following code...

PHP Code:
                    <actinic:block php="true" >
                    $varOldPrice '<actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="Old Price" />';
                    $varNowPrice '<actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />';

$varNowPrice str_replace("Price:"""$varNowPrice);
                    $varNowPrice str_replace("£"""$varNowPrice);
                    </
                    actinic:block
                    ..so you'd think that a bit of mathematics after this would work fine, but it doesn't. Is Actinic reading these prices as numercial data rather than a string? I have ensured that the OldPrice variable is indeed set to number.

I'd have thought that after doign this I could have simply done...

PHP Code:
                    $varOldPrice $varNowPrice 
                    ..make the saving they make. Subsequently I could go further and turn this saving into a percentage, but I'd rather stick to the simple stuff first
                    Sam Davis
                    Bright Light Media Ltd

Comment

For debugging the "echo" statement is your friend.

Just add

echo "Old: $varOldPrice New: $varNowPrice";

just before the end of your block and see what's output. Do a View Source of a preview page to see the actual HTML.
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If you have set up RRP as a variable, is there any way in which this can be imported into each product, or easily inserted into the access database?

Comment

Add it to the end of the Product record and match it to the appropriate variable in the Import.

You can also Export your site and look at what's generated to get an example.
                          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                          X