suggestion for improvements - v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestion for improvements - v8

I've found that having the Preview-Pane turned on slows down the machine because its always having to re-paint the layouts, so I personally have it turned OFF

This then leaves the Content-Tree and the Details-Layout taking up the full page.
    Can a future version (preferably v8.0.4 ) have the ability to stretch the Layout-Tab AND the Properties-Tab (and any extra tabs we create - I have one called Custom-Properties ) down to use the full height of the page - its extremely frustrating to have to continually use the scroll bar because the programme designers only allow 50mm visible to the user - by all means put the scroll bar back if required but please allow us to see as much information (in any tab) as we can possibly use.

At the moment, I can drag the split-panel bar down, but the moment I move away, it re-sets itself.

its extremely frustrating to have to continually use the scroll bar because the programme designers only allow 50mm visible to the user
    Odd - I can get every window to open to the full size of my screen with no scroll bars.

Comment

you can drag the panes all over the place.

Personally I have content tree and design tree pane on my second monitor, and have catalog detail, layout code, preview pane on top of each other with tabs to allow me to switch from one to the other

Comment

sorry, not quite explained enough. (I've attached a screen dump)
        I happily drag the panes all over the place, but when I click on the "Layout-Tab" I immediately get the ability to re-adjust the height of the layout properties with the split-pane feature (correct terminology?)
        this will only go down so far (not very far either), and from then on, I HAVE to use the small scroll bar on the top right.
        its this "feature" that I find annoying, I'd like to have the split-pan to re-size the full height of the window.
        Attached Files

Comment

another feature I'd like to have:
          the abilty to use standard "CTRL-S" to save details (don't care where, properties, fragments, layouts etc etc) - its habit to Ctrl-S to save, Ctrl-C to copy etc etc.

Comment

this will only go down so far (not very far either),
            I see what you mean - mine shows about twice the hight of yours. There is plenty of blank space below so I dont see why it could not all be shown.

Comment

My full description field is incredibly small, even with full screen and is unsizeable, i find this very annoying.

My exclamation mark for coding errors check has never worked either, permananently greyed out.

Comment

its the old old story, little things mean a lot, but just a little bit more would be the world of difference.

Not sure if there is any proper place for "suggestions" - especially those little things that could make a big difference.

Comment

the pic I snapped was the layouts tab "as it comes", I didn't bother re-sizing the pane, but even when I do re-size, there still a lot more room.

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=22586

I requested this very thing on 1st August

Comment

Nice one jo

Comment

full description field is incredibly small

Originally posted by leehack
                        My full description field is incredibly small, even with full screen and is unsizeable, i find this very annoying.
                        This always bothered me, so I cut and paste into another program. More crucial: getting my site to work in V8.

Comment

sorry Jo, missed that one.
                          so:
                          • Ctrl-S for save
                          • extend the Generat Text Box to fill the availabel page,
                          any more?

Comment

I'll pass on the Ctrl+S one, because I'm always accidentally creating blank sections when I should be saving changes.

extend the Generat Text Box to fill the availabel page,
                            You can right-click on this field and select 'Zoom' to get a bigger field. This feature is pretty well hidden I'll admit...

Comment

Originally posted by essentialoils
                              This always bothered me, so I cut and paste into another program. More crucial: getting my site to work in V8.

Right click and zoom is much quicker, although i hate having to do pointless clicks, when there is more than enough room to show the field as big as the user wants it.

Comment

Working...
                              X