Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth upgrading from Actinic Express to Actinic Catalogue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worth upgrading from Actinic Express to Actinic Catalogue ?

Hi there.

I currently use Actinic Express and I am generally very happy with it but would like to know whether its worth going over to Catalogue. I really like the very easy to use approach with Express and just wonder if this is all lost in Catalogue.

My main questions I would like answered are as follows:

1. I currently look after the site myself and like the freedom of being able to change details myself. Is this still possible in Catalogue and is it sill as easy ? Could I get a designer to change some details for me but still administed the site myself ? I presume that I can only change the website in Catalogue from one computer and not from any like Express that is web based ?

2. Is it more seach engine friendly than Express ? With Express I seem to be unable to get all my web pages listed in Google , only the website address and the index page.

3. Are there marketing tools that come free that allow you to e-mail all your customer base i.e. Newsletters ?

4. Can you upload your catalogue to say 3rd parties i.e. Froogle ?? And has anyone done this ? Is it easy to do ?

5. I currently bought my co.uk address with a company called UKREG and changed the DNS settiings to the IP Adress of Actinic Express. Actinics fees for hosting are free with Express but I think are quite expensive for Catalugue approx £25 month when I think I can get the same service for about £5-10 with UKREG. As im stuck to a tight budget does anyone else use a 3rd party for their hosting and Is there much downtime in the change ?

Anymore advise or tips would be great and if anyone else has done the crossover I would like to hear their comments.

Many thanks

Bradley Jones

The Baseball and Softball Shop
    www.baseballandsoftball.co.uk

1. I currently look after the site myself and like the freedom of being able to change details myself. Is this still possible in Catalogue and is it sill as easy ? Could I get a designer to change some details for me but still administed the site myself ? I presume that I can only change the website in Catalogue from one computer and not from any like Express that is web based ?
    yes you can still administer products yourself in catalog. Cataloghas better features for design purposes. It is PC based not web

2. Is it more seach engine friendly than Express ? With Express I seem to be unable to get all my web pages listed in Google , only the website address and the index page.
    catalog creates static HTML therefore is better for SEO

3. Are there marketing tools that come free that allow you to e-mail all your customer base i.e. Newsletters ?
    yes this is included as standard in V8

4. Can you upload your catalogue to say 3rd parties i.e. Froogle ?? And has anyone done this ? Is it easy to do ?
    yes the export for frogle now replaced by googlebase in included at standard

5. I currently bought my co.uk address with a company called UKREG and changed the DNS settiings to the IP Adress of Actinic Express. Actinics fees for hosting are free with Express but I think are quite expensive for Catalugue approx £25 month when I think I can get the same service for about £5-10 with UKREG. As im stuck to a tight budget does anyone else use a 3rd party for their hosting and Is there much downtime in the change ?
    some cheap hosts are too cheap thus can hinder your sales, do a full forum seatch to research good and bad hosts

Comment

Working...
    X