Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related Products Annoyance / Bug?

OK

I have been messing around with a test site just to see what other templates and colours are like, i am only using the actinic test site but came across something odd

On my live V8 site if i go to related product on a products marketing tab, i click the + button then on the drop down arrow i get NOT USED or search Products, yet on the test site i get a list of products.

It is extremely time consuming to have to search for the product i want. I do not know if this is a bug but all i want to do is

Click the + button, type the ref number, press enter

Not have to
    Click the + button, click arrow, select search, type ref number, click search, select, click OK, click apply

If this is not a bug, why are the same versions different, or is it theme related or is it "anymore than 20 products you have to search" (more probable) so it keeps actinic running a bit fater.

So if it is not a bug, can we have these options simplified. Perhaps included it with excluding from product, only show in shopping cart wish.

Cheers
    Darren

Hi Darren

Just to confirm when you say:
    yet on the test site i get a list of products.
    You mean the default site from when you licence a new site?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadem

Yep the default site that is loaded when i license a new site is OK.

I hope you can see that having to search for every product in my current live site is a right pain, a simple copy and paste function would be good. Incidently i noticed that V8 seems to lack all the short cut keys, it's the same with layouts, i could copy a layout title (CTRL-C) and past it into another product in V7 yet now i have to select a layout from the drop down.

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

I found the same problem when searching for the products used in the permutations tab of a main product - I found a relatively simple work-around which has not yet (fingers crossed) let me down.

temporarily drag (if neccessary, use cut and paste) the required related products right up to the TOP of the actinic catalog tree

then when you then go into the related products drop-down, all of the required products are right at the top of the list.

when you've finished relating the products, just move the real products back down to their correct place (where they just came from)

you may ?? find its quite a bit quicker doing it this way.

Comment

Thanks for that

Nadeem it would appear i am not the only one with issues

Darren

Comment

"anymore than 20 products you have to search"
            Yes, this is the reason for it - otherwise the list of products is very long.

I agree that the ability to jusr be able to copy and paste a product reference in there would be good. I will suggest this to the development team.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Can you also suggest that they put the CRTL-C & CTRL-V Back into most of actinic. It seems to have got lost along the way

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

Working...
              X