Bug with importing snapshot - v8.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug with importing snapshot - v8.0.3

Theres a bug in the importing of a snapshot in v8.0.3 - message being returned is:
    FATAL ERRORS
    (File Snapshot.cpp, Line 1617) - Archive error 12 - The zip file open call failed
    Library error - Can not open file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\SiteBackups\Export.fpf ! has been caught.
    steps to reproduce is relatively easy:
    • take a FULL backup snapshot - you are about to leave the database in an unknown state !
    • start the importing process
    • in my case "overwrite all orders" but it doesn't matter because I'm still playing
    • give the "overwritten site.acd" fiele name and press NEXT
    • start importing by pressing NEXT
    • progress of the import starts to display the flying bits of paper
    • now press NEXT while the papers are flying ( the next button should NOT be available YET because the site is STILL being imported )
    • papers continue to fly
    • eventually an error is generated

I havn't a clue what state the database is left in, but I've recently started to encounter a problem whereby the full export of a snapshot cannot be performed - generates a massive crash that invokes "dr-watson" - I'm still inestigating this one.

I thought this looked familiar and sure enough, Norman picked this one up a little while back.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...napshot+button

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

noted,
      sorry for the duplicate threads

I'm getting frustrated with v8 and as I come across another issue, I rattle off a new thread so no-one else does the same thing - problem is, as I'm in a mood, I don't look down the past threads to see if someone else has noted it.

sorry.

Comment

This one is a real doozy! Don't try it yourself, as I had to use the reset button a couple of times when testing that the bug was repeatable.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

too late - I've already crashed and burned ! (again)

Comment

Thanks for the report Kevin

I have added your comments to the bug report in our system - we should see a fix soon.

Don't worry about posting a bug's details more than once - it is really essential for us to know what issues our customers are hitting.

Comment

Working...
            X