Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT Hosting

Sorry to post off topic -
    I've been asked to find alternative hosting for our company websites.
    We'd like to hosting on Windows 2003 platform as i also have to create some ASP applications and it would be handy to have all of our hosting in one place.

Can anyone reccomend a UK based company/s?

At present we're using claranet.

Cheers
    Andy

no replies to this at all ???

I'll change the question to -

Who are you hosting your Actinic website with?
    Are they reliable?
    Do the have good support?

Thanks
    Andy

Comment

Try a forum search as this Q is often raised...

Comment

I am sure jo can help you out but forum rules ban the solicitation of business.

So -

I host with pinbrook for all my actinic sites. We have had our odd problems and these are no worse than other hosts, However you cant beat the personal service and of course and actinic expert (not sure Jo feels the same at present with V8 though)

As to offering windows servers? Not sure if Jo can arrange this

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

As to offering windows servers?
          we do windows and actinic runs fine on our windows servers.

My preference is unix, hence the emphasis on this.

if you want ASP we only put it on our windows servers. some Hosts run Chili Soft ASP on unix (we don't)

Comment

Thanks for that Jo

I'll keep that in mind if/when we changes hosting.
            One of the requirments would be to ability to upgrade our web space as and when needed.

Cheers
            Andy

Comment

you can switch from plan to plan with us. The server does the sums to the last second and pro ratas all charging.

We even manage the final move you would ever want to do ie shared hosting to dedicated server.

Anyway as and when you are interested please pm or email to start the ball rolling

Comment

Andy

I can also confirm that Pinbrook and especially Jo are very helpful. With regards to cost i have no idea if they are the cheapest, however hosting is something where i would always look at support, reliability and help before costing.

They are the best Actinic hosters i know of personally and the fact that Jo is a regular poster in this forum is a big selling point. Their SSL certificate (your own, not shared) is the cheapest i have found and there is no set up cost.

Comment

With regards to cost i have no idea if they are the cheapest
                  sadly we are not the cheapest...

we can not complete with the stack'em'high big boysin terms of price, but we try to add value with suppport, less populated servers and 100% network uptime (Verizon global backbone)

Comment

sadly we are not the cheapest...
                    not the cheapest hosting available but comparing like with like, very competitive, in my humble opinion.

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Guys...
                      It does look like we're going to move in the near future.
                      We're currently with Clara.net and i don't mind saying that the hosting we have with them is pretty grim. Telephone support is next to none, other than getting "We know there is an issue with the servers, don't know what it is and don't know when it will be fixed." This has been onging for the past month.
                      Not very helpful when we have a considerable amount of orders coming through every day.

Anyway - I'll be in touch in due course.

Thanks
                      Andy

Comment

Working...
                      X