Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping charges and Componants

OK

I have a set up a product which is basically a starter pack and has 5 compants to it.

Now if i buy each item seperately in the shop the weight is about 15kg and as such incurrs a delivery charge of £19.95. Now as i am doing this as a starter pack i have set the weight of this product to 5kg and as such should be £9.95 delivery, however my site keeps charging £19.95.

I have been through everything i can think of and i have the starter product set up as follows.

Product
    Componants - abc
    def
    ghi
    jkl
    mno

With pricing set for product, the componants are associtated to the normal product but i do not have any of the boxes ticked for using the associated, prices, tax, desription.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why i can not get it to use the main product for shipping instead it appears to be using the weight from the componants.

Cheers
    Darren

Does anyone else suffer this issue, or have any suggestions.

At present i have removed the association so it picks up the shipping i want it to

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

Hi Darren

Components associated to products take on the latter's properties, so what is happening in your case is the expected behaviour.

I tried this on my default site as well, created a product and 5 components with each of them associated to individual products with weights attached. I also left Use Associated Product Price, Tax and Name unticked as you have.
      When I added a single component to cart, shipping charges applied were £19.95 for 15 kgs, which is correct.

If you search for similar topics on this forum you will come across several threads where customers have been advised to use components associated to hidden products to allow the different product options to have different weights.

Hope this helps.
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Does not help really as all the products can be brought seperately, this is a special pack that gives cheaper delivery and purchase price. Having the prodyucts hidden does not help

Yet another fix needed for shipping then, will this be corrected in the update due 1st Quarter of 2007.

Darren

Comment

So are you looking for an option to not have the weight of the of the associated products taken into account when shipping is calculated?

If so, then I will suggest this to the developers as a wish list request.

Comment

Working...
          X