Administrator password - new instal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Administrator password - new instal

I have finally got around to installing version 8, and its asking me for a password before I even start!

My V8 History
    - Beta version installed
    - Beta uninstalled
    - B MU installed from CD (8.02) - clean instal - no upgrade of existing site (it did say there was an existing Site 1 folder, depite the Beta uninstal, and suggested I delete it, which I did - both site1 folder and config file)
    - downloaded and installed B MU 8.03 from support site (straight upgrade before attempting to use 8.02)
    - licenced the site
    - it asks for a password to enter as Administrator

brief scan of 'getting started' dosen't suggest a default password.

Whats the trick to getting in first time?

Try "administrator"

Comment

Bingo
      Thanks Malcolm

needs to be 'Administrator' not 'administrator', but thats done it

Comment

Thank jan - I had the same problem a few months ago and she gave me the answer.

Comment

Thanks Jan

Would have seemed like something basic to add to the first few pages of 'Getting Started' manual!

At least it should all be plain sailing from here on in.........

....yeah right

Comment

Welcome to v8!

I had that same problem. Also on the Start Programs, there is no shortcut to a setup guide for Actinic MU, only a bog standard "Getting Started" thing.

I called support and they told me the password & emailed me the MU guide (because I asked about the location of the sites directory, and the person I spoke to didn't know the answer). However they emailed me the guide for v7 !?!

After getting in etc, I browsed the Actinic CD, and right on the root of the CD there is a file:
            "Multi User Installation Guide.doc", within, it does have the password thing.

I wish that this file was copied and a shortcut linked in the Actinic Program Group.

Tak.

Comment

I've just been caught out on my new install as well - came to the forum and found the answer immediately.

The search facility on this forum is going to be well used in the next few months I think!

Comment

Spent 20 mins on hold to actinic with no joy, then used the 'search' function and got the answer straight away - anyone else think that the actinic document writer needs a new job??
                http://www.skatewarehouse.co.uk/

Comment

Don't blame the writer, the document is on the CD, but the installation should copy the document into the Actinic Program Group, or something like that.

or, stick a label on the CD case

This forum's excellent for answers.

Comment

Working...
                  X