No announcement yet.

Bug report. Product details Tab with large number of Variables slows Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug report. Product details Tab with large number of Variables slows Actinic

Using Actinic 8.0.3.

I created a new variable group and populated it with 120 Variables. These all have place of Setting - Product. All use a new tab "Paper Types".

Now if I go into into the Content tree and select a product, the "Paper Types" tab is there on the Product Details pane. If I click on the Paper Types tab, Actinic takes about 20 seconds to respond (on a very fast dual core system with 2Gb memory). From then on any operation (like selecting another product) takes a similar amount of time. During this wait the hourglass cursor appears and CPU usage goes very high with one or both cores at close to 100%.

If I select another tab then things return to normal.

These variables are displayed sorted on their Prompt; so it looks like the sort algorithm may be to blame.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Thanks again Norman, I have reported this to the team.

Comment

I've a tiny design Snapshot with these Variables and Tabs if you want to see this happening.

Comment

Yes please! That will definitely speed things up.

Comment

I've attached an Hierarchical Import file that will add a product details tab "Paper Types". Selecting this tab cripples Actinic.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
            X