Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Site - Import

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading from Business 7 to 8 (just waiting for the software to arrive!) but in the meantime have downloaded a trial version to try and have a little play around with it first.

Having a problem importing a snapshot that was designed externally (to version 8 specification). I am aware that with the trial version you can only work on one site so I cant create a 'blank' site in order to import the snapshot, so have tried to import it over the top of the existing demo site (Great expectation books and all that...) but the two seem to be getting mixed up together.

It seems that bits of the demo version are left over and the preview looks awful, yet the live page when uploaded looks fine. This of course provides problems when wanting to update the site and i would like to know what can be done to 'realign' the two - i.e. make the preview look like the live page...

Hope that all makes sense...

Thanks,

Dan

Having a problem importing a snapshot that was designed externally (to version 8 specification)
    What do you mean by this

Comment

Make sure that the snapshot you are importing includes image files, css files, and anything else critical for the design. If it was designed by someone else and the image files were in a separate folder then these need to be specified as additional files within Actinic. If this isn't done they may not be included in the snapshot and so this may explain why the preview looks weird.

Comment

If it was designed by someone else
        If this is the case then they are the people to seek help from as they will know what they have done.

Comment

Working...
        X