Extended Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Info

I am creating a new online electrical store and I need the products to have quite a bit of specs and space for multiple images. Please may someone tell me how to do this or does someone have a template.
    many Thanks
    Toby

Hi there

What you need to do is customise the product layout you are using to include some extra information.

Go to the 'Design' tab and click on a product in the preview. You can customise this HTML. A good place to start would be to include the following two bits of code into the layout:

<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationImage" value="Standard Extended Information Image" />

<Actinic:Variable Name="ExtendedInfoText"/>

That will include the information from the 'Extended Information' tab of your products into the main product details.

If you read the getting started guide, it will tell you how to add your own new user-definable variables to Actinic to include extra information as well.

Comment

You could have the product with an extended info page. This will give a 'more' button or link to the side of the product which the pops up and extended info page.

From what I understand you can only add one pic to the extended info page but this can be a group of selected pics.

I think you could also add some html in the extended info box. Create the desired text and pics in dreamweaver for example. Then copy the html into the extended info box wrapped around the actinic html tags. Make sure you have referenced the pics properly of they may not show.

I would solve the issue using tables in dreamweaver. Pics in the left hand column and text in the right. This keeps it all neat and tidy.

Hopefully this may help
      Leigh Robinson

Hand forged, hand folded custom swords
      http://www.masterforge.co.uk

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, the table works great

Comment

Working...
        X