V8 Upgrade errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi leehack,

I made the website myself, using the pre-loaded templates on actinic (Very little modifications).

The test website is just uploading, and should be available in about 5-10mins on www.crystalsuk.co.uk/acatalog/test

fingers crossed.

you never know I might even be able to get the "Executive lay out on my site" to actually look like actinic's own demo.

Ha ha

Comment

hi

leehack,

the psp bounce page is allover the place, do you know whats causing this?
      its when you select "buy now"

Comment

Phill

Its working fine on mine? Can't see any problems.

Have you reduced those figures to the minimum possible before it fails again as mentioned previously? Those changes we made to the sizes may impact on other pages, which is why it is advisable to get them down to the minimum required.

Comment

it must be my computer, i will try it again in the moring after clearing my history/cache, Thanks for all your hel and so far I have reduced the size by 70 on each of the changed widths, fingers crossed it will be sorted by tomorrow afternoon.

then i should be able to upload the new site in full

nite

Comment

Originally posted by crystalsuk
            it must be my computer, i will try it again in the moring after clearing my history/cache, Thanks for all your hel and so far I have reduced the size by 70 on each of the changed widths, fingers crossed it will be sorted by tomorrow afternoon.

then i should be able to upload the new site in full

nite
            To narrow it down to what is the specific adjustment you should make, do one with a change of 10 only. If that works, then you know there is only 9 others to try (i.e. 1-9. If 10 fails, try 20, if that works then its between 10 and 20 etc. Makes it a bit quicker for you.

Its more than likely a crazy small amount i would of thought, if it is then i will show you something else, which will maintain the original sizing. Keep working on reducing it until it fails, then tell me what the figure is.

Been a pleasure helping you.

Comment

Hi lee it works!!!

The figures were:
              .page_body_content {
              width: 779px;
              text-align: left;
              }

.page_body_content_left_column {
              float: left;
              width: 170px;
              }

.page_body_content_right_column {
              float: right;
              width: 569px;

if these were then altered even by 1 then it failed.

Thanks for all your help with this one.

Comment

Working...
              X