Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Components & Add to Cart Button

Hi,

I've just started working with V.8 to re-design my site.
    Currently (in V.7) I have the option to 'subscribe' to a comic as a component of the product shown as a text box, the customer ticks the box before adding the item to the cart if they want to receive this and subsequent issues of the comic.
    example here: http://www.forbidden-planet.co.uk/ac...nt-Man__4.html

What I want to do (if possible) is have two 'Add to Cart' buttons rather than the checkbox, one named 'Add to Cart' which adds the single comic and one named Subscribe which adds the comic and shows in the cart that the customer has chosen to 'Add to Subscription'.
    I'm guessing I will have to utilise attributes somehow but have hit a bit of a brick wall with it
    Is there an easy work around?

thanks

Anna

This could probably be done but isn't trivial. You could have a Variable that you set to indicate that this is a "Subscription" product. The code creating the Product Layout could inspect this variable, and if set, make the Component checkbox hidden. It would also generate the extra Add to Subscription button which would contain some onclick code to set the hidden checkbox.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks for replying Norman, but now I'm really worried I think that sounds outwith the scope of my abilities.... I guess I may just stick with the checkbox for now

Comment

Working...
      X